Login VSI 3.0 Beta3 released!
This is the first public beta release of the new Login VSI 3.0. In this Beta3 release the Login VSI workload is considerably improved and the Login VSI Analyzer is now much more intelligent than the Excel sheet used in the previous 2.x releases. There are no major functional changes planned to both the Login VSI workload and the Analyzer (apart from smaller optimizations and bugfixes) for the official VSI 3.0 release.
More beta releases are planned (currently for late Q3 2010), these include the introduction of:
- Completely new launcher solution
- Streamlined & simplified GUI
- 100% central configuration of tests
- Slave launchers can be remotely configured
- Tests can be started from a single console
- New Parallel launching mode to support very large scale tests (10000+ sessions)
New in Login VSI 3.0 Beta3
- New standard workload called Login VSI, based on the original Medium workload
- Alternating between 2 medium workloads: one is with Flash video, the other without. Once one workload is finished, the other will start, alternating throughout the test.
- The flash app GetTheGlass is replaced by the “Kick-Ass” 480p movie trailer in flash format (.flv)
- Random start delay of max 15 second, to prevent workload synchronization
- Automatic loop length adjustments: when the load is higher, normally to total loop length increases: now automatically the pauses are decreased so the total loop length stays the same, also under stress.
- Now FreeMind (an open source JAVA application) is added to the medium workload.
- Updated the light, heavy & multimedia workloads to include all changes mentioned above
- Completely revised logging structure:
- No more VSI_Log.xxxx, but SESSIONNUMBER_USERNAME_COMPUTERNAME.log
- The Log files is now using comma delimited CSV formatting
- Logfiles are now stored in VSI Share\ActiveTestName\Results
- Active sessions are not based on sessions launched, but truly active (logged on) sessions
- Completely new analyser, based on the MSchart add-on for .Net 3.5 sp1
- Fully automatic analysis (including stuck sessions)
- Dynamic charting (right click on the chart to set axis)
- Result selection and highlighting (similar to perform: right click in the lower window)
- Detailed charting
- Export Chart to PNG (other format will follow)
- Local Access database to cache analysis
- The highest and lowest scores: a 2% top and bottom results will be removed from VSI max calculation to lower noise in the results
- Dynamic VSImax calculation: the response times of the individual action can be weighted in the total response time by multiplying or dividing specific measured actions. VSImax is now experimental: but is getting close to finalization.
BE ADVISED: THERE ARE TWO DOWNLOADS AVAILABLE: THE NEW LOGIN VSI 3.0 VERSION AND THE UPGRADE FOR 2.X USERS! Both can be downloaded from the download section of our website.
To update existing VSI 2.x installations
- Download ‘Patch VSI 2.x to 3.0 Beta3.exe’
- Run the ‘Patch VSI 2.x to 3.0 Beta3.exe’ to unpack the patch files and browse to that folder
- On the target machine(s), run ‘VSI target patch 2x to 3.0 Beta3\Setup.cmd’. This setup.cmd will update the VSI code and automatically install JAVA 1.6 runtime and FreeMind application required for VSI 3.0.
- Just execute the test similar to what is described in the documentation and VSI 2.x.
- Note: VSI 3.0 result must be analyzed with the new VSI analyzer, do not use the excel sheet on VSI 3.0 results.
- To review the results use the new analyzer located in the ‘VSI Analyser 3.0 Beta.exe’, run the exe to unpack the files.
- Before this new analyzer can be used run the MSchart.exe to install MSchart (.NET 3.5 sp1 required).
- After that execute the ‘VSI analyser.exe’.