Live from Citrix Synergy 2015 - Day 2
Another busy day at Citrix Synergy. Between the constant flow of visitors to the Login VSI booth and guests that we interviewed, I didn’t have time for much else, and there was plenty going on! The day 2 keynote was full of demos and announcements from Citrix – new layering technologies, collaboration tools, and a renewed focus on innovation. So much to look forward to in the coming months!
The Login VSI booth was visited by CitrixTV, and a whole bunch of partners and users of Login VSI dropped in for interviews. Here’s the roundup:
- Andre Leibovici, Director of Partner Solutions and Innovation at Nutanix
- Bharath Ram, Senior Virtual Solutions Architect at VCE
- Jeff McNaught, Executive Director, Cloud & Client Computing at Dell
- Damon Zaylskie, VDI Product Specialist at Dell
- Rob Girard, Technical Marketing Engineer at Tintri
- Tony Sanchez, Principal Architect at Citrix Systems
- Michael Cooper, Director of Solutions Architecture and Global Alliances at Citrix Systems
- Todd Mace, Product Manager at PernixData
- Bill Kleyman, VP of Strategy and Innovation at MTM Technologies
Andre Leibovici, the Director of Partner Solutions and Innovation at Nutanix talked about the maturity of VDI and why the user data is more important than the application.
Bharath Ram from VCE had some really good insights into how VCE uses Login VSI. We also talked about cloud and Vblock.
I got to meet a true luminary in the Desktop Virt space when I interviewed Jeff McNaught, one of the guys behind the very first Thin Client devices, so of course he had a vision for where the industry is headed. Jeff was at Wyse, so now he’s at Dell, and he talked about the range of offerings available from Dell in the VDI space.
My next talk was with Damon Zaylskie. He works on storage at Dell, specifically around VDI solutions, and uses VSI all the time in validating the solutions they work on. We geeked out a little on storage.
Rob Girard from Tintri is another guy that uses Login VSI every day. Rob explains why it is crucial to constantly re-evaluate with Login VSI before going to production.
I’ve been following the stuff Tony Sanchez works on for a while now, but he dropped by for some show and tell – some really cool microserver technology that drives desktop virt to new levels of density, power consumption and rack utilization.
I’ve known Michael Cooper from Citrix for a long time, so it was great to catch up with him on the stuff he’s doing these days.
Todd Mace told me about how Pernixdata is accelerating VDI, and how they use Login VSI to prove it.
Finally, after a long day of being on my feet and talking, I was exhausted. But Bill Kleyman’s energy is absolutely contagious, and his passion and excitement for the ways MTM Technologies is making computing better for their customers was the perfect way to end the day.
Update May 15, 2015:
- Live from Microsoft Ignite 2015
- Live from Citrix Synergy 2015 - Day 1
- Live from Citrix Synergy 2015 - Day 2
- Live from Citrix Synergy 2015 - Day 3