Last update: May 2018
At Login VSI, we respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship that we have with you.
Like many companies, we use technology on our website to collect information that helps us enhance your experience and our products and services. The cookies that we use at Login VSI allow our website to work and help us to understand what information and advertising is most useful to visitors.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our cookie practices and let us know if you have any questions by sending us an e-mail or submitting a request through the “Contact Us” form on our website.
Who is collecting it?
Any personal data provided to or collected by Login VSI via cookies and other tracking technologies is controlled by Login VSI Inc.
The section below summarises the different types of cookies we use on our website, together with their purpose and provides you with the ability to manage these cookies.
Login VSI will only collect, use or disclose your personal data where it is fair and lawful to do so.
For a more detailed understanding of how we use personal data collected by Login VSI, please refer to our Privacy Statement.
What does cookie mean?
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively ‘cookies’) are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to any internet enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone or tablet – when you visit a website.
Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences, generally improving your online experience, and helping us to offer you the best product and services.
There are many types of cookies. They all work in the same way, but have minor differences. For a detailed list of cookies used on our website, please refer to the below relevant section.
The cookies you consent to, are also used to collect your personal data which we then profile into audiences so that we can deliver targeted advertising tailored to your interests and limit the number of times you see an advertisement. For more detailed information about the profiling activities Login VSI undertakes with your personal data for advertising, please see our Privacy Statement.
We also insert cookies in emails and newsletters to improve our content and advertising.
More detailed information about the types of cookies we use and for what purposes, can be found in the below relevant section.
How can I control or delete cookies?
There are many ways to manage your cookies:
- You can refuse your consent;
- You can disable Login VSI or third-party cookies by use of your browser settings; or
- You can use our cookie management tool to disable Login VSI or third-party cookies.
Control via your browser settings
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. If you do not want our website to store cookies on your device, you can change your browser settings so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most of our cookies or only certain cookies from third parties. You can also withdraw your consent to cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been stored.
If you disable the cookies that we use, this may impact your experience while on the Login VSI website, for example you may not be able to visit certain areas of a website or you may not receive personalized information when you visit a website.
If you use different devices to view and access the Login VSI website (e.g., your computer, smartphone, tablet) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, click here.
What cookies do we use?
The cookies used on the Login VSI website may be generally categorised as follow:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies do not identify you as an individual
- Performance Cookies. These cookies do not identify you as an individual.
- Functionality Cookies. The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies. Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
- Third-Party Cookies. Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
The cookies used on the Login VSI website may be generally categorised as follow:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential to make the Login VSI website work correctly. They enable you to move around our website and use our features. Without these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of the website, or parts of it.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for instance which pages you go to most often, the time spent on our website, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. These cookies are also used to let affiliates know if you came to our website from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. This helps us improve the performance of our website. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? These cookies do not identify you as an individual. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) to provide a more personalised online experience. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance and functionality of the website and may restrict access to content on the website.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to deliver targeted advertising or limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited our website and this information is shared with other parties. These cookies may also be linked to site functionality provided by third-parties. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
- Third-Party Cookies. We use a number of partners that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our website to allow them to deliver tailored Login VSI advertising within their domains, for example Facebook and Google DoubleClick. We endeavor to identify these cookies before they are used so that you can decide whether you wish to accept them or not. We also use a number of partners to provide digital experiences and functionalities on our website. For example, while browsing the Login VSI website you may be served cookies from third-parties who provide some of its features on our website (e.g., a YouTube video), although you have withdrawn or declined your consent to our cookies. This happens because you have directly given your consent to the use of their cookies. In such cases, you should directly withdraw your consent on the relevant third-party website. Do these cookies collect personal data/identify me? Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data.
Duration of these cookies
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on our website:
- Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our website; or
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings, as stated below).