login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

login VSI 3.0 office2010stuck at print to bullzip

• erick.arteaga
  • erick.arteaga's Avatar Topic Author
05 Mar 2012 18:10 #102

Running Login VSI3.0 on windows 7, office 2010 we can start the medium workload however after the free mind application the workload get's stuck in file print on microsoft word. The issue sounds similar to this: www.loginvsi.com/forum/support/71-test-c...ndesktop-environment I have tried the fix attached there, no luck. Also upgraded Bullzip printer to version: 4.2.0.1338

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• cplyman
05 Mar 2012 20:41 #103

I'm hitting this same issue. I've set the Office version to 14.0 in the management interface, but still no luck. It hangs at the spot indicated in the screenshot.

More
05 Mar 2012 21:22 #104

cplyman and Eric,

Will the PDF printer start when you click on it manually? You can disable the keylock software by typing the following in the session:
vsiquit
This will unlock the keyboard and mouse and should allow you to click the button manually.

Can you try changing the Print Shortcut setting in the management console to:
fppp
You can find the Print Shortcut setting in the management console under Workload Configuration > Print Shortcut key (near the end).

Attachments:

• erick.arteaga
06 Mar 2012 02:33 #105

Thanks for replying Dennis, I unlocked the session with vsiquit and I was able to successfully print to PDF. I also tried changing the print Shortcut setting to fppp, however that did not help.

thanks,

Erick

More
06 Mar 2012 13:34 #106

We are currently looking into this problem. I'll get back to you.

More
06 Mar 2012 17:02 #107

I've just come out of a call with a customer that had a similar issue. The problem in that case was that the setting wasn't saved.
In the management console, under Workload Configuration make sure to click the "Save workload settings" button.

If that doesn't solve your problem please go to your VSI share > _VSI_LogFiles > <Your test name> and open Workload_Global.ini
Inside the Workload_Global file should be at least the following:

[VSI]
Office_version=14

• cplyman
06 Mar 2012 17:56 #108

Happily, I was able to resolve my issue. At some point during the base image installation the PDF writer wan unset as the default printer. I set that back and I'm working again.

• erick.arteaga
06 Mar 2012 20:19 #109

Hi Dennis, after I attempted the "fppp"shortcut setting, and made sure I hit save.
I also verified that Workload_Global.ini contains
[VSI]
Office_Version=14
Outlook_Location=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14
Word_Location=%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office14
PrintShortcut=fppp

I also verified the default printer is Bullzip PDF.

A bit more of information of my environment, I'm running this VM on XenServer 6.0 (50762p build)
so It does have XenTools installed(.net 4.0 is a requirement of this package), also I have installed VDA agent for XenDesktop.
I have tested this with/without the VDA agent.
I also verified the OS and Office have the latest updates.

More
07 Mar 2012 09:49 #110

Eric,

Are you starting the test through the management console or do you use alternative means to start the test?

If that's not the case i would like to schedule a GoToMeeting to diagnose and fix this problem. I'll contact you by mail with further details.

• rtalekar
16 Mar 2012 16:50 #116

I also see the same problem. medium and heavy both tests stuck on the same spot. I tried all the solutions discussed in this thread but no luck. I am using windows 7 64 bit with office 2007. Before staring test when I checked each desktop is configured with Bullzip as a default printer but during the test a new printer "Microsoft XPS Document #:2 is getting added and made default printer for the desktop. Can anyone help me?

Before:

After:

Attachments:

• rtalekar
16 Mar 2012 17:02 #117

Just to update I started seeing this problem after I applied patches suggested in
TOPIC: The PDF file already exist error medium workload

• erick.arteaga
16 Mar 2012 17:05 #118

My issue was we were running the workload from the VDA itself manually (using logon.cmd, then locallogon.cmd to check the workload completes) we weren’t creating a matching folder (_VSI_logfiles\test) to !!!_test.IsActiveTest for the active session containing the VSITarget.ini and Workload_Global.ini files which contain configuration setting for office 2010.
This explains why it we were able to print manually after unlocking the screen; the print menu in office 2010 is different from the one in 2007.

Your issue I think its different because its Office 2007. My issue was with Office 2010.

-Erick

More
16 Mar 2012 20:07 #119

This is likely caused by printers from your launcher being redirected to your VM. Many SBC/VDI solutions offers a technology like this. What platform are you using?

There are 2 options to solve this:
1. You disable the printer redirection
2. You use a script to set the default printer at the start of the VSI execution or in a login script

Depending on the platform you use i can help you with option 1, i also have a script that can do option 2 for you.

• rtalekar
16 Mar 2012 20:35 #120

Thanks for quick reply Dennis. I am using view 4.6. and login VSI 3.5

More
16 Mar 2012 20:51 #121

For VMware View there are a few options:

1. Disable the TP AutoConnect service on the VM. This will disable printer redirection.
2. Reinstall the view agent and do not install the Virtual Printing feature.
3. Through policy/registry. See this link for more information.
4. By adding /noVMwareAddins to the VMware View client commandline

Alternatively you can use the attached script. Please note that configuring the custom action requires a VSI PRO license.
Use the included script as follows:
1. Please put the script in your VSI share. This will ensure that every VSI test user can access the script
2. Add the script as a custom action:
3. Open the management console and go to Workload Customization
4. Click the add entry button. Set the filename to the script in your VSI share. Refer to it by UNC path. For example \\localhost\VSIShare\setDefaultPrinter.vbs
5. Click the Save workload settings button

This should set your default printer to the bullzip PDF printer regardless of any redirected printers.

• rtalekar
20 Mar 2012 17:55 #125

HI Dennis,

"Disable the TP AutoConnect service on the VM" solution worked for me.

I also tried the script that you gave but it gives pop up on the desktop and it has to be manually cleared.So it didn't work for me.

Thanks for your help.

More
20 Mar 2012 18:05 #126

Thanks for the feedback i'll look into the script

• jeffq
05 Apr 2012 18:26 #159

we have a similar problem but slightly different behavior than I think is being described here.

in my case, bullzip is set as the default printer, Word hangs on the print screen, showing bullzip selected.

when i do vsiquit, click on print, it creates a userread.pdf and stops again.. although in a few tests it's mysteriously kept going forward through the end of the test.

just for grins I also tried using the setDefaultPrinter.vbs script but no change in behavior.

More
06 Apr 2012 05:08 #160

Hello,

Have you set the Office version to 14 in the VSI Management console?

Office 2010 (14) uses a different sequence for printing than Office 2007 does. Setting the Office version to 14 lets VSI know it should use the Office 2010 method to print. Below are the steps to set the Office version to 14:

1. Open the VSI Management console and go to Workload Configuration
2. The Workload Configuration tab contains a setting called Office Version. Set this option to 14.
3. Save the workload settings but clicking the Save workload setting button. This button can be found at the bottom of the Workload Configuration tab.

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Attachments:

• CBeck
02 May 2012 10:41 #283

I'm seeing the same thing too, even with all the fixes/workarounds applied as above. Things just seem to stop at the print screen for Word 2010. I can escape out of this and click print manually, but then a PDF loads and everything stops.

Checks performed :-

- Verified correct version of Office (14) 2010

- Added /novmwareaddins switch

- Changed the print shortcut to fppp

Running VSi 3.6 Pro on XenDesktop 5.6, running on vSphere 5.

More
02 May 2012 19:30 #284

I believe this issue has been resolved by email. If anyone else is experiencing this issue feel free to contact me or reply here.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands