login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal Outlook 2010 stuck at first-run pop-up (VSI3.5)

• vidooshak
  • vidooshak's Avatar Topic Author
15 Mar 2012 21:40 #115 by vidooshak
vidooshak created the topic: Outlook 2010 stuck at first-run pop-up (VSI3.5)
I made the change in Workflow configuration to Office Version = 14. The computer and users have been added to the appropriate OU, and GPO policies have been applied using AD Setup. The test run hangs at about the half-way point, with the Outlook auto-update settings pop-up. See attached. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2012 21:45 - 16 Mar 2012 21:47 #122 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: Re: Outlook 2010 stuck at first-run pop-up (VSI3.5)
Try adding the following to the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\General] section of Office14.0.reg

"ShownFirstRunOptin"=dword:00000001

You can find Office14.0.reg in %programfiles\login consultants\vsi\files

Or use the attached reg file. In the attached reg file this is already changed.

• vidooshak
  • vidooshak's Avatar Topic Author
16 Mar 2012 21:50 #123 by vidooshak
vidooshak replied the topic: Re: Outlook 2010 stuck at first-run pop-up (VSI3.5)
Thanks Dennis.

In my case, it was fixed by adding Office 2010 GPO's manually. I understand these were not installed during AD-Setup and only Office 2007 GPO's are present. One of our in-house VSI experts helped me out. Working smoothly now!

What our customers are saying

Maarten Bruijnesteijn - PPG

"We are using Login VSI for hardware scaling. By testing the number of users that can run on our environment, we know the amount of hardware that we will need upfront. We also use Login VSI in our production acceptance process to test changes to the system to evaluate changes to the environment."

Maarten Bruijnesteijn, System Software Analyst at PPG Industries

Jamie Vernon - STARTEK

"Login PI enables us to minimize system downtime and deliver strategic business value like never before."

Jamie Vernon, VP of IT and infrastructure at STARTEK 

Tristan Todd - VMware

“Login VSI is my favorite test orchestration and simulation tool for large-scale reference architecture testing. Not only do we use it in our testing, but we work with partners who use Login VSI exclusively, with the idea that you create the most realistic simulated workload at scale, to really test infrastructure and software capabilities. What’s more, getting the results and be able to measure yourself across platforms and across vendor solutions is just fantastic and is unequalled in the industry.”

Tristan Todd, EUC Architect at VMware

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200