login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40

Multiple XenDesktop Sessions from One Client

• jeffg
  • jeffg's Avatar Topic Author
21 Mar 2012 16:28 #129

I am looking for settings to allow LoginVSI to support launching multiple XenDesktop sessions from a single Win7 session. My requirements are to launch 20 XenDesktop sessoins via Web Interface as unique user accounts and run LoginVSI scripts. I need to do this from 10 Win7 VMs for a total of 200 sessions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2012 22:42 #130

VSI is capable of doing that by default. As long as the commandline is configured to use dynamic usernames you should be good to go. You have two options to create a dynamic commandline:

1. Use the %count% variable in commandline. For exmaple using CTXConnector:

\\server\vsishare\CTXConnector.exe -s http://MyWebInterface -u login_vsi%count% -p Password! -r W7-Template -t1 5 -t2 5
Notice the -u login_vsi%count%. %count% will be replaced by the current sessionnumber. This is the best option if you are using sequential usernames (like the ones generated by the Login VSI AD setup).

2. Use the custom commandline with a CSV file. The CSV file contains all the usernames you want to use. This option is the best option to use when you are using usernames that aren't sequential.

Let me know if this works out for you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam