login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

Outlook 2003 Startup Screen

• CBeck
  • CBeck's Avatar Topic Author
03 Apr 2012 12:42 #151 by CBeck
Hi,

I've obviously missed a stage out or something, but when I run a test against an RDP server, the Outlook 2003 Setup screen comes up every time the session starts. Is there a way I can "seed" this to prevent it from happening. I have ticked the box for "Create Profiles", should I be doing this with an RDP test, or is this just for XenDesktop/View scenarios?

Thanks

Chris.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2012 13:27 #152 by d.geerlings
Chris,

Have you set the office version in the VSI management console?

By defeault VSI assumes you use Office 2007. This setting can be found in the management console > Workload Configuration > Office Version.
In your case this should be set to 11. Don't forget to click the Save Workload settings button at the bottom of the Workload Configuration tab.

• CBeck
03 Apr 2012 13:28 #153 by CBeck
Hi Dennis,

Yes, I already checked that. I basically need some way to configure Outlook in advance as it's preventing my testing from working properly.

Thanks

Chris.

More
03 Apr 2012 13:33 #154 by d.geerlings
Chris,

VSI imports a reg file that should set up Outlook for you. I can imagine one of two things happening:
1. Outlook is preconfigured by the Office Customization Tool. Have a look at this post for more information.
2. Your test users do not have permission to import these registry settings.

If neither of these work i'd like to set up a GoToMeeting to solve this. Posting back and forth can take a long time while having a look through GTM will probably have this fixed faster.

• CBeck
03 Apr 2012 13:52 #155 by CBeck
Dennis,

It isn't Step 1, this is not in play here. As for point 2, I've checked and it seems anything on the B drive cannot be executed. Other drives such as H: have no problems at all. I've been back and checked permissions and they all seem OK.

Happy to do a GTM as there seem to be a couple of things I'm not getting right here.

Chris.

• CBeck
04 Apr 2012 12:25 #156 by CBeck
I managed to get this working now, I'm not sure but I think it was a permissions issue with the VSI Share.

More
04 Apr 2012 12:27 #157 by d.geerlings
Great, just let me know if you run into any other issue

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418