login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Script terminated [Appfocus] [userread] don't exist

• ajd
  • ajd's Avatar Topic Author
11 Apr 2012 14:51 #163

Env:
XenApp 6.0
100 users

I saw an error message saying script terminated [Appfocus][userread] doesn't exist waited for 120 sec . script has stopped. user will not log off. Any idea on why I'm seeing the error.
What could be the possible reason behind the error? My CPU usage on XenApp server goes upto 99% during the run.

I'm seeing another error "CTRL key is pressed , open the word doc in safe mode". I have added the registry key(HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server , IAT to 1)) to avoid the issue - but still I'm seeing it during some runs.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ajd
11 Apr 2012 14:55 #164

I'm also seeing another error during my previous run about "AUtoIt error". I've attached the snapshot.

Attachments:

More
12 Apr 2012 03:55 #168

You seem to be experiencing multiple issues so I'll respond to each of them separately.

1. [Appfocus][userread] doesn't exist
This means VSI attempted to start Word but Word wasn't active after the timeout, 120 seconds in this case. If this happens near the end of the test this is likely an indication that your server is at or near it's max. You can try increasing the WinWait Timeout. You can increase the WinWait Timeout by going to Workload Configuration in the management console. There's a setting called WinWait Timeout. Clear the default checkbox and increase the timeout. In the attached example I've increased the timeout to 300 seconds (5 minutes).

2. CTRL key is pressed
This might again be caused by a system under heavy load. The OS didn't handle the release of the control key in a previous action. The OS therefor still thinks the control key is still down. VSI can force the release of control by repeating the pressing of the control key event and releasing the control key event. VSI will check after each use of the control key if it is still down.

You can tell VSI to use this feature in the management console. Go to Workload Configuration and add the following line to Custom Settings:

CTRLreset = Yes

Is this a full scale test? Some weird things might happen when a system is pushed to it's breaking point.
Though we can try solving some of these issues.

Attachments:

• ajd
12 Apr 2012 16:48 #181

Thanks for responding Dennis.

I saw the [Appfocus] error soon after launching the session ( ~45 users) and CPU didn't exhausted either.
I've made those changes and started the test again - hopefully it should resolve the issues with this run.

Dennis, I'm seeing another error while it's running the workload, attached is the snapshot of it. I checked and didnt see any dialog box open , so not sure why seeing this error . Is there a setting to workaround this issue?

Thanks!

Attachments:

• ajd
13 Apr 2012 18:19 #185

More debugging information regarding AppFocus error,

I see the [AppFocus] error with the FreeMind App. I have attached the debug logs from inside the failed session. Let me know if you have some suggestions.

Thanks,
Ajd

• ajd
17 Apr 2012 14:58 #194

Any idea on the above [Appfocus] error. I'm hitting this during every run (40 or more users). I'm not even reaching the VSIMax and CPU usage isn't that high either. Appreciate your help.

More
18 Apr 2012 03:04 #195

I apologize for the late reply. Looking at the logfile this seems to happen trying to open Word, not Freemind.

Does this happen for a single session, multiple session or in all sessions?
Looking at the logfile this particular session was running it's second loop, does this ever happen in loop 1?

• ajd
18 Apr 2012 11:49 #201

Thanks for the information.
It happens on some sessions ( e.g 6-7 sessions out of 65 user sessions)
I don't remember it during the loop 1, it happens mostly after loop1. I don't see any error messages on the session except the Appfocus error.

• kirankumarcelestial
22 May 2012 04:55 #326

Hi,

By any chance ,were you able to find out what was the problem? We are facing similar problem, our debug log files also points to something very similar, can you please post on what was the problem.

More
26 May 2012 02:36 #331

No it has not and i apologize for leaving this question open.

Are you able to analyze the data that comes out of the tests where this issue happens? What i think might be going on is that the system is far over its breaking point. When the system runs out of resources to respond to application request promptly weird things start to happen. I believe this is one of those things.

If you are able to analyze these tests, what is the VSIMax number that gets out of the analyses?
How many sessions are configured to be launched?

• dannyray
20 Jun 2012 09:01 #352

XenApp 6.0
30 User sessions
In my case, this error pops up exactly when Free mindmap runs in Loop 1. This occurs on the initial sessions and sometimes in the middle, so it is random behaviour.

• dannyray
20 Jun 2012 09:59 #353

I increased the timeout value to 300 secs and i get the error on my 4th session and I see that the CPU utilization on the xenapp server is at 100% constantly for last several minutes, so I'll try with 25 or 20 sessions and see if that makes a difference.

27 Aug 2012 06:47 #481

I have done this but it didn't work. Is there any solutions?

my first session's logs:

Attachment not found

Dennis Geerlings wrote:
You seem to be experiencing multiple issues so I'll respond to each of them separately.

1. [Appfocus][userread] doesn't exist
This means VSI attempted to start Word but Word wasn't active after the timeout, 120 seconds in this case. If this happens near the end of the test this is likely an indication that your server is at or near it's max. You can try increasing the WinWait Timeout. You can increase the WinWait Timeout by going to Workload Configuration in the management console. There's a setting called WinWait Timeout. Clear the default checkbox and increase the timeout. In the attached example I've increased the timeout to 300 seconds (5 minutes).

2. CTRL key is pressed
This might again be caused by a system under heavy load. The OS didn't handle the release of the control key in a previous action. The OS therefor still thinks the control key is still down. VSI can force the release of control by repeating the pressing of the control key event and releasing the control key event. VSI will check after each use of the control key if it is still down.

You can tell VSI to use this feature in the management console. Go to Workload Configuration and add the following line to Custom Settings:
CTRLreset = Yes

Is this a full scale test? Some weird things might happen when a system is pushed to it's breaking point.
Though we can try solving some of these issues.

More
27 Aug 2012 14:00 #482

I will contact you by email.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418