login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

normal VDI and Login VSI (Domain question)

  • merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
19 Apr 2012 00:20 #209 by merrist
merrist created the topic: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】
VDI has a Domain: VDI-VIEW.com
Login VSI has else a Domain:VSI-TEST.com

when i create a desktop pools i will add the computer to the VDI's Domain.but when i want to test Login VSI i will need to add the desktop computer and the test user to the Login VSI's Domain.
now,i have no idea.How do i need to confirgue the Domain?

help :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
19 Apr 2012 05:48 #211 by merrist
merrist replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】
Do i use the account of the VDI Domain to log in the desktop and then make the computer join the Login VSI?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
19 Apr 2012 05:57 #212 by merrist
merrist replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】

merrist wrote: Do i use the account of the VDI Domain to log in the desktop and then make the computer join the Login VSI?


but,i think carefully again.this operation maybe lead to a bad result.so i don't know what i should do now.


helphelphelp :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
19 Apr 2012 06:07 - 19 Apr 2012 06:09 #213 by merrist
merrist replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】
And i want to know the different of the user type in the Login VSI's Domain:

(Login_VSI_PA vs Login_VSI ?)



Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2012 06:26 #214 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】
Hi Merrist,

I'll contact you by email so we can discuss and scheduling a meeting.

Regards,

Omar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
19 Apr 2012 06:42 #216 by merrist
merrist replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】
hello Omar,

I'm sorry.My email have a problem that i don't use the eamil to send message.but My eamil can receive the eamil.so what should i do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2012 07:07 #217 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】
Merrist,

Login_VSI_PA: these are users of the new launched CSPT module in Login VSI, these can measure only client side performances (end-user) and not the performance and scalability of centralized desktop environments.
Login_VSI: are user that measure the performance and scalability of centralized desktop environments.

Regards,

Omar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
19 Apr 2012 07:12 #218 by merrist
merrist replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】

Omar wrote: Hi Merrist,

I'll contact you by email so we can discuss and scheduling a meeting.

Regards,

Omar



hi Omar,

I can't send the eamil and access to your GoToMeeting at my office.but maybe i can join the Meeting after work.
so what should i do? :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
19 Apr 2012 07:28 #219 by merrist
merrist replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】

Omar wrote: Merrist,

Login_VSI_PA: these are users of the new launched CSPT module in Login VSI, these can measure only client side performances (end-user) and not the performance and scalability of centralized desktop environments.
Login_VSI: are user that measure the performance and scalability of centralized desktop environments.

Regards,

Omar



this picture is the computer of VDI's Domain:




this picture is the user of VDI's Domain:




How should i configure the VSI's Domain.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • f.vanderploeg
  • f.vanderploeg's Avatar
19 Apr 2012 09:40 #220 by f.vanderploeg
f.vanderploeg replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】
Hi Merrist,

the question is actually which domain you want to use in your testing.

Using both domains should not be a problem; you can create a trust between the two domains. This allows you to log in with the users from the VSI domain to the computers in the VDI domain.

Using a separate domain for VSI is not mandatory. Even using the VSI AD setup utility is not mandatory (it happens more than once that we aren't allowed to use the tool in a customer's environment; the users are then created manually by the customer itself). Which users you use when logging on to the VDI instances doesn't really matter, as long as they are configured correctly (the logon script property in AD should point to the VSI logon script).

Since you already used the AD setup tool, you can check the Login_VSI user's properties to see how these are configured.

Hope this clears things for you.

kind regards,
Floris van der Ploeg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
19 Apr 2012 11:13 #222 by merrist
merrist replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】

f.vanderploeg wrote: Hi Merrist,

the question is actually which domain you want to use in your testing.

Using both domains should not be a problem; you can create a trust between the two domains. This allows you to log in with the users from the VSI domain to the computers in the VDI domain.

Using a separate domain for VSI is not mandatory. Even using the VSI AD setup utility is not mandatory (it happens more than once that we aren't allowed to use the tool in a customer's environment; the users are then created manually by the customer itself). Which users you use when logging on to the VDI instances doesn't really matter, as long as they are configured correctly (the logon script property in AD should point to the VSI logon script).

Since you already used the AD setup tool, you can check the Login_VSI user's properties to see how these are configured.

Hope this clears things for you.

kind regards,
Floris van der Ploeg




Hi Floris van der Ploeg ,

Thanks you

but i don't know how do i start to the test.
Now my environment is:
Login VSI
1.OS:Windows Server 2003-->install the AD Setup(default installation)
2.OS:XP-->install the Launcher Setup(VSI Management Console)
3.OS:XP-->install the Launcher Setup(VSI Launcher Agent)
4.OS:XP-->install the VSIShare

VDI(VMWare View 5.0)
10 virtual desktops-->OS:XP(install Target Setup)
10 users-->can log on to the virtual desktops

in fianl,how could i configure the VSI Management Console and VSI Launcher Agent.
i don't know where i configure the VSI Launcher Agent and how does the VSI Launcher Agent connect the Target Machine?
what else should i configure in terms of programs or other items?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • f.vanderploeg
  • f.vanderploeg's Avatar
20 Apr 2012 06:31 #225 by f.vanderploeg
f.vanderploeg replied the topic: Re: VDI and Login VSI 【Domain question】
Hi Merrit,

is there a trust between the VSI and VDI active directory environments? Else it will be hard to get it working.
All configuration in regards to VSI in done through the Management Console (so both target and launcher configuration).

For configuration of VSI, refer to the admin guide:
www.loginvsi.com/documentation/v3/performing-tests

regards,
Floris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What our customers are saying

Dan O'Farrell - Dell

"The primary goal of our VDI appliances is to simplify and to take the guesswork out of VDI, and the Login VSI tests help us to do that from a performance expectation capability. When we offer one of our appliances to our customers, we deliver benchmarks that are validated using multiple Login VSI workloads. When compared to a customer’s workload, these Login VSI-enabled benchmarks allow precise sizing estimations to be created."

Dan O'Farrell, Director, Product Marketing, Cloud & Client at Dell


Akio Kawaguchi - Networld

"Login VSI is the only tool for benchmarking VDI with high level accuracy. We use Login VSI to verify the performance of our internal VDI system and to verify the performance of VDI systems that we integrate for our customers."

Akio Kawaguchi, Deputy General Manager of International Alliance Sector at Networld Corporation


Eddy Zeehuisen - Gemeente Utrecht

“We didn’t want any surprises within our operating IT environment. Login VSI has brought up several performance improvements in the infrastructure. These were addressed together with the implementer and the various vendors.”

Eddy Zeehuisen, Program Manager U-Cloud at Gemeente Utrecht (Municipality of Utrecht, The Netherlands)

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200