login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

spreading users across pools

• jeffq
  • jeffq's Avatar Topic Author
01 May 2012 17:14 #278

I've read the custom commandline section of the LoginVSI admin guide and something still isn't clear to me.

if i have two pools, both entitled with the login_vsi group, how can i specify which login_vsi users go to which pool. is this possible? the example csv contains a workstation assignment but does that mean pool? and that doesn't seem to translate anywhere to a variable to input into the custom commandline?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2012 17:47 #279

Jeff,

You would use a custom command line like this:

"c:\program files\VMware\VMWare View\Client\bin\wswc.exe" -serverURL server06 -username %CSV_user% -password Password! -domainname VRC -desktopname %CSV_pool% -Standalone -logInAsCurrentUser False -connectUSBOnStartup False -nonInteractive
I've attached a sample CSV file that works with the above command line. This CSV causes the sessions to alternate between two pools.
Please note that you'll need to at least change the domainname and serverURL parameters.

VSI create variables from the titles in the CSV files in the following way.
VSI treats the first line/row in the specified CSV as titles
For each title found VSI creates a variable %CSV_titlename%
In the attached CSV file there are 2 titles user and pool so the variable names i can use are %CSV_pool% and %CSV_user%.
Please note that all the premade variable like %count% and the %input_% series are not available in conjunction with a CSV file.

Let me know if you need further help configuring the custom command line with CSV.

Edit:
Seems i cannot attach CSV files to a post. I've uploaded them to our FTP server:
http://loginvsi.eu/Support/CSVSample.csv

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam