login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Problem with installing active directory

• edward9944
  • edward9944's Avatar Topic Author
16 May 2012 10:50 #314

Hi LoginVSI team,
I have downloaded the login VSI tool and got the express license file. The problem is while i installing login VSI active directory.The active directory installation required Group policy Management Console , while installing group policy management console it is asking me to install dotnet framework and i did, but again the problem exist. The group policy management console not installed.Can any one suggest me , how to overcome this problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2012 19:07 #318

Hello,

What is the specific error you are getting when trying to install the Group Policy Management console? Please note that the Group Policy Management console is a Microsoft component, not a VSI component. VSI simply uses the features offered by the Group Policy Management console in it's Active Directory setup script.

Alternatively i can remove the Group Policy Management console from the installation script if you like. This does mean that you either have to configure the VSI policies manually or run VSI without the policies.

• edward9944
  • edward9944's Avatar Topic Author
18 May 2012 02:18 #324

Hi
Thanks for your response.while installing group policy management console it asking me to install dot net framework but already installed.So i can not install Active directory.

Can you tell me how can i remove the group policy management console from the installation script .

More
19 May 2012 14:56 #325

Use the AD setup provided below. Please note that due to the GPMC not being available no group policies will be imported. This shouldn't be a problem anyway as the group policies are optional anyway.
Login VSI AD setup without GPM

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam