login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

VSI Support on Japanese Windows OS

• aji_ece36
  • aji_ece36's Avatar Topic Author
29 May 2012 17:04 #334

Hi,
Greetings!
I need clarification on VSI Support on Japanese Windows OS.
I would like to check performance of my Virtual Desktops(Japanese Windows OS) in XenDesktop - Esxi 5.0 environment.

Would like to know on whether with LoginVSI tool i could able to check the performance of the Virtual Desktops(Japanese Windows OS).

When i gone through Getting Started, there it is mentioned like English OS will be supported.

Could you please confirm me on this. Your support would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ajith

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2012 20:22 #335

Hello Ajith,

Yes VSI supports the Japanese version of both Windows and Office. To use VSI with a non English version of Windows or Office you will need to make some configuration changes. VSI uses window titles to interact with the applications used in the workload. To be able to find the Japanese version of the applications these titles will need to be changed. I've added an screenshot of the window titles as they were changed by a customer.

If you only use the Japanese version of Windows but the English version of Office only a subset of these will need to be set. I have a template that you can import into the management console that will set all the settings in the screenshot.

Attachments:

• aji_ece36
  • aji_ece36's Avatar Topic Author
30 May 2012 02:48 #337

Thanks a Lot Dennis for your quick response.

So happy to hear about the VSI support on Japanese version of windows OS.

It would be great help if you can provide me the template with all the settings for japanese version.

More
30 May 2012 03:46 #338

See the attached file for the template.

Steps to import the template. Please note that this template also sets the Office Version to 14 (2010)!
1. Put the file japanese.wpr somewhere where your VSI admin console can access it.
2. Open the VSI management console. Go to Workload Configuration and click on Open Test Profile.
3. Browse to the location in step 1 and open the japanese.wpr file.
4. The Japanese settings have been imported.
5. Change the office version back to what it needs to be under Office Verson at the top of the Workload Configuration.

Do not forget to save the changes!

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam