login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Is it possible to use existing OU?

• abooth
  • abooth's Avatar Topic Author
05 Jun 2012 16:16 #343

We have existing test users with specific group policies to access our VM's as well as application side configurations that the users need to be added to for application privileges in the VM. It would make it easier to add the policies needed to use loginVSI. For my testing I will only be using custom AutoIT scripts to execute our applications and none of the applications provided for testing in loginVSI.

Is there any documentation that details the policies needed by loginVSI?

Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2012 03:42 #345

Alan,

The group policies are optional. I've added a series of screenshots that show the different policies we set.
Please note that if you use your own users you will also need a method to start VSI for those users. See this topic for more information.

You can use the files from the VSI AD setup to import the policies:

Server 2008

cscript //nologo "%installroot%Scripts\ImportGPO.wsf" "%installroot%2008 Policies\VSI System" "VSI System" "VSI System" /CreateIfNeeded
cscript //nologo "%installroot%Scripts\ImportGPO.wsf" "%installroot%2008 Policies\VSI User" "VSI User" "VSI User" /CreateIfNeeded
Server 2003
cscript //nologo "%installroot%Scripts\ImportGPO.wsf" "%installroot%2003 Policies\VSI System" "VSI System" "VSI System" /CreateIfNeeded
cscript //nologo "%installroot%Scripts\ImportGPO.wsf" "%installroot%2003 Policies\VSI User" "VSI User" "VSI User" /CreateIfNeeded
where %installroot% is the path to the VSI Ad setup lib folder, in my case "F:\VSI Installers\AD Setup\Lib\"

More
08 Jun 2012 03:47 #346

Seems the attached images aren't that easy to view, not in Firefox anyway. Link to a zip archive of these image: www.loginvsi.eu/Support/AD_policy.zip

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands