login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

Various test hang at the same percentage

• AJ
  • AJ's Avatar Topic Author
06 Nov 2012 20:41 #574

Dear support team,

All the tests I do will hang at the same percentage/place (around 50%). Can you please explain where the error/log files for the tests are stored for analysis purposes? Has someone already reported this issue before?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards, AJ.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2012 11:47 #582

Hi AJ,

Yes, we have seen this, but not always at 50%; this means your tests hangs at a certain place, printing a file for example.

The error logs/debug logs can be located within a test session; Grab the debug logs from %temp%\VSI within the session, to interact with the session type; vsiquit

Please also provide me a screenshot of a hang session.

I am hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Omar

• aminf13
05 Apr 2013 14:48 #881

Hi,

I'm encountering the same problem. My session hangs at exactly the same point. Was there ever a resolution for this issue? I would appreciate it if you can kindly let me know.

I'm using LoginVSI 3.7, target machine runs 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, and I've installed Office 2010 Standard edition (64-bit).

Thanks,
Amin

More
05 Apr 2013 15:58 #882

Hello Amin,

Looking at the screenshot below it seems that you are running into an issue that can be resolved by setting the office version in the management console. By default VSI assumes that you use office version 12 (2007). In your case you would need to set the office version to 14 (2010) in the VSI management console.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Omar

Attachments:

• aminf13
05 Apr 2013 17:04 #884

Hi Omar,

Thank you so much for your reply, that indeed fixed the problem. I had one more irrelevant question:

Does the target machine(s) need to be connected to internet for running the test? I noticed couple of webpages are opened and closed during the test, and I was wondering if the test is loading pre-stored pages or is actually connecting to internet to load the pages.

Thanks,
Amin

More
05 Apr 2013 17:12 #885

Hi Amin,

The tests are loading pre-stored pages.

Regards,

Omar

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo