login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-01.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Questions about debugging with Login VSI

• ReneB
  • ReneB's Avatar Topic Author
21 Nov 2012 11:51 #604

I have a problem with tests that hang at certain progress. I already looked through the forum to find answers, but the solutions with redirecting printers and Office versions do not apply to me. I am now trying to find out what is happening by using the debug files.

When trying to do this a few questions came up:

1) I understood from the forum that I have to type "vsiquit" to enable keyboard and mouse-input in a session, is there also a way to disable this again?

2) According to the FAQ, with the pro-version it should be possible to put the debug files in VSIShare, Can someone explain me how to configure this (because by default my DebugLogs folder below the defined Test is always empty)?

Any other information about debugging the testrun would be highly appreciated, because in the future we have to implement custom applications in the test and I guess then we will need it more ;)

Some extra info:
Version Login VSI = 3.6
Target = 2K8R2
Sessiontype = RDP

Kind regards,
René

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2012 12:18 #606

Hello ReneB,

1) I understood from the forum that I have to type "vsiquit" to enable keyboard and mouse-input in a session, is there also a way to disable this again?

1.1) 'this again'? Do you mean, just by typing 'vsiquit' again, sure one can type this on as many vm's or sessions as you like.
1.2) Or did you meant 'disable' the kidkeylocker for all your test sessions?
1.3) Don't you mean how to enable the kidkeylocker again?
1.4) One can 'pause' the script and enable it again, see attached picture

2) According to the FAQ, with the pro-version it should be possible to put the debug files in VSIShare, Can someone explain me how to configure this (because by default my DebugLogs folder below the defined Test is always empty)?

2.1) This can be configured in the VSI's Management Console\Workload Configuration\'Debug Logfile'
see attached picture
2.1) By typing 'vsiquit' one can interact with the sessions, to locate logfiles;
%temp% folder is the place where one can see what's causing issues in a hanged session; collect the current user name in '\VSI\Log\Current_User_Debug.log', see attached picture

Regards,

Omar

Attachments:

• ReneB
21 Nov 2012 12:55 #609

Hello Omar,

Thanks for fast response.
1) Sorry for the confusion but I meant indeed how to disable the keyboard after checking the logfiles (which problably is the same as enable the kidkeylocker :)),

2) Is there way to include the testname in the path?
For example: \\Server\VSIShare\_VSI_Logfiles\<testname>\DebugLogs

Kind regards,
René

More
21 Nov 2012 13:42 #611

Hi ReneB,

By default VSI saves it that way already;

\VSIShare\_VSI_Logfiles\TEST NAME\DebugLogs\Session ID

Regards,

Omar

• ReneB
21 Nov 2012 14:15 #612

You are right, now I see it.
However if you do not fill in the path it only copies he logfile when the test is finished and if you fill in a path the logfile is created there (so you can see progress during test).

Regards,
René

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85