login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

LoginVSI Tests for View fails

• Devaraju
  • Devaraju's Avatar Topic Author
07 Jan 2013 14:36 #669

Hello,

I'm Santhosh and work for NetApp as Technical Marketing Engineer. We are doing some scalability tests on VMware view with NetApp Storage.

I'm trying to execute a test for a single user (for a dryrun and later plan to use 600+users using %count%) by entering the customer command.

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMWare View\Client\bin\wswc.exe" -serverURL https://viewcs -username vsi_user3 -password Password! -domainname VEO -desktopname xtestx -Standalone -logInAsCurrentUser False -connectUSBOnStartup False

The above command works perfect when executed through Windows Command program, but when I mention the same in test configuration and start the test, the test starts but it won't go further and just says "waiting to start the test".

Do I need to change anything in the test configuration ? I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

Here is the environment snapshot.

VSI Version:3.6
Test system: VMware view
Operating system version target: Win7
Operating system version launcher(s):Windows 2008 R2 x64
Office version target: Office 2007 SP2

Regards,
Santhosh

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2013 10:56 #670

Hello Devaraju,

Are you sure that the test is started and that you went through the 'Test start wizard'?
See attached snipping.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Omar

Attachments:

• Devaraju
08 Jan 2013 11:15 #671

Omar,

Ofcourse Yes, I went through the Test wizard and see the attached. Not sure why its not able to start the test . it just says "Waiting for test to start" and goes on forever.

regards,
santhosh

Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2013 14:27 #675

Hello Santhosh,

Please verify if all launcher are up and running.

If I look at the screenshots I can conclude that you are trying to run 1 session with 10 launchers.
It is possible to disable or delete the other launchers in the management console.

Please let us know if this is solving your issue.

With kind regards,
Ryan

• Devaraju
08 Jan 2013 15:21 #678

Ryan,

That did the trick !! After disabling the other 9 launchers, i was able to execute the test for 1user.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, really appreciate it!!

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to have more documentation and all in one place which will help us a lot :)

regards,
Santhosh

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85