login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

normal File share not able to see the Login_VSI_TS group

• vsuryana
  • vsuryana's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jan 2013 23:27 #703 by vsuryana
vsuryana created the topic: File share not able to see the Login_VSI_TS group
Hi, I am trying to configure the VSI share and I am not able to find the Login_VSI_TS group that is on the Active Directory Server. The file share server is in the same network as the active directory server. What might I be doing wrong? Please advise. Below are some details of my setup so far :

I have 3 servers. On one of them, I have created a domain and installed active directory components and created the users as directed in the tutorial.

On the second server, I am trying to configure the vsi share. This server is on the same network as the first server but is not able to find the Login_VSI_TS.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• vsuryana
17 Jan 2013 16:20 #704 by vsuryana
vsuryana replied the topic: File share not able to see the Login_VSI_TS group
Hello, can I get any help on this please? I cannot proceed without this. Any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

More
17 Jan 2013 17:36 #705 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: File share not able to see the Login_VSI_TS group
Hi VSU,

On the first server, you say; created the users as directed in the tutorial.

- Did you run the AD-setup?
The AD-setup is part of the installation package download.

- If you open the Active Directory Users/Computers
Do you see the Login_VSI OU? If so, does it has the following;

1, Computers
2, Users
2.1, Launcher
2.2, Target

In the root of the OU there must be the Login_VSI_TS group (see attached file) within this group (properties) the desired Login_VSI users are members.

Eventually you can add 'Everyone' with full access (NTFS permissions), this is not what I suggest though. We want to make sure that the VSI AD-Setup has ran properly and that the VSI users logging on running the desired script for the testing part.

Regards,

Omar
Attachments:

• vsuryana
17 Jan 2013 20:46 #706 by vsuryana
Hi Omar, the active directory is installed fine on the server. On that server, I can see the Login_VSI OU. I can also see the computers, users, launcher, target and everything under it. i can also see the Login_VSI_TS. But the problem is while cpnfiguring the VSI share. I am setting a VSI share on a different server that is in the same network as the active directory server. While configuring the VSI share, we need to give read/write access to the Login_vsi_ts right? But I am not able to find the Login_vsi_ts on the server on which I am configuring VSI share even though the 2 servers are on the same network. Thanks.

More
17 Jan 2013 20:48 #707 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: File share not able to see the Login_VSI_TS group
Vsuryana,

Is the server that host the file share joined to the domain?

• vsuryana
17 Jan 2013 20:51 #708 by vsuryana
No it is not joined to the domain. When I try to join it, it gives me a DNS lookup error. Should I join the 2nd server to the domain? Thanks.

More
17 Jan 2013 21:38 #709 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: File share not able to see the Login_VSI_TS group
Vsuryana,

Yes the server needs to be domain joined. Regarding the DNS error i suggest you look into this Microsoft article: social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/conten...-error-messages.aspx

• vsuryana
18 Jan 2013 22:06 #710 by vsuryana
Thank you very much. It worked.

What our customers are saying

Bill Galloway - Pivot3

“The labs at Pivot3 have hundreds of machines. A portion of those are running different Login VSI configurations so we can be constantly configuring with different hardware to see how that affects desktops. Then we tweak the RAM and CPU, and tune so we know how many users we can support.”

Bill Galloway, Founder and CTO at Pivot3

Bill Kleyman - MTM Technologies

"From the engineering perspective and from the architecture perspective, we absolutely love the technology behind Login VSI. We actually use Login VSI as a pro-active tool to help our customers understand the dynamic nature of a datacenter and the business."

Bill Kleyman, VP of Strategy and Innovation at MTM Technologies

Johnny Blizzard - Health Insurance Organization

"We now have indisputable empirical proof supporting our claims. With Login VSI, we can run our own applications against various hardware platforms before we move to production! Application owners can see how their code impacts their users on our systems and we can present our findings to management for funding increases. We can also advocate for the users when supporting their claims of poor performance, all because of Login VSI."

Johnny Blizzard, Sr. IT Systems Engineer at a Health Insurance Organization

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200