login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

File share not able to see the Login_VSI_TS group

• vsuryana
  • vsuryana's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jan 2013 23:27 #703 by vsuryana
Hi, I am trying to configure the VSI share and I am not able to find the Login_VSI_TS group that is on the Active Directory Server. The file share server is in the same network as the active directory server. What might I be doing wrong? Please advise. Below are some details of my setup so far :

I have 3 servers. On one of them, I have created a domain and installed active directory components and created the users as directed in the tutorial.

On the second server, I am trying to configure the vsi share. This server is on the same network as the first server but is not able to find the Login_VSI_TS.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• vsuryana
17 Jan 2013 16:20 #704 by vsuryana
Hello, can I get any help on this please? I cannot proceed without this. Any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

More
17 Jan 2013 17:36 #705 by o.bouhaj
Hi VSU,

On the first server, you say; created the users as directed in the tutorial.

- Did you run the AD-setup?
The AD-setup is part of the installation package download.

- If you open the Active Directory Users/Computers
Do you see the Login_VSI OU? If so, does it has the following;

1, Computers
2, Users
2.1, Launcher
2.2, Target

In the root of the OU there must be the Login_VSI_TS group (see attached file) within this group (properties) the desired Login_VSI users are members.

Eventually you can add 'Everyone' with full access (NTFS permissions), this is not what I suggest though. We want to make sure that the VSI AD-Setup has ran properly and that the VSI users logging on running the desired script for the testing part.

Regards,

Omar
Attachments:

• vsuryana
17 Jan 2013 20:46 #706 by vsuryana
Hi Omar, the active directory is installed fine on the server. On that server, I can see the Login_VSI OU. I can also see the computers, users, launcher, target and everything under it. i can also see the Login_VSI_TS. But the problem is while cpnfiguring the VSI share. I am setting a VSI share on a different server that is in the same network as the active directory server. While configuring the VSI share, we need to give read/write access to the Login_vsi_ts right? But I am not able to find the Login_vsi_ts on the server on which I am configuring VSI share even though the 2 servers are on the same network. Thanks.

More
17 Jan 2013 20:48 #707 by d.geerlings
Vsuryana,

Is the server that host the file share joined to the domain?

• vsuryana
17 Jan 2013 20:51 #708 by vsuryana
No it is not joined to the domain. When I try to join it, it gives me a DNS lookup error. Should I join the 2nd server to the domain? Thanks.

More
17 Jan 2013 21:38 #709 by d.geerlings
Vsuryana,

Yes the server needs to be domain joined. Regarding the DNS error i suggest you look into this Microsoft article: social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/conten...-error-messages.aspx

• vsuryana
18 Jan 2013 22:06 #710 by vsuryana
Thank you very much. It worked.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054