login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

normal Active Sessions are less than launched session

• parunkumar03
  • parunkumar03's Avatar Topic Author
21 Jan 2013 19:10 #713 by parunkumar03
parunkumar03 created the topic: Active Sessions are less than launched session
I triggered Performance run on 100 machines. At the end of test , Launched session count is 100, But the active session count is only 52. Also 48 sessions were launched but activity in it, also these sessions remains , without log-off.

I used Roaming Profile path specified in VSI share.

Any suggestions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2013 16:19 #715 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: Active Sessions are less than launched session
All,

We solved this. The solution;

We have figured out the reason why LoginVSI was not able to make the Launched session to Active session. The customer was using VSI-share folder in a Windows 7 machine. Which is the master launcher. Due to the ‘limit in maximum concurrent allowed sessions’ for a Win7 VSI share was unavailable to the session, thus not able to create active session.

Moved VSI share to a Win 2k8R2 , Then it worked.

Regards,

Omar

• benchmark
30 Dec 2013 18:29 - 30 Dec 2013 18:32 #1565 by benchmark
benchmark replied the topic: Active Sessions are less than launched session
I am having the same issue, I tried running a test with 150 users and all the 150 users are launched, however only 130 became active I have given enough time in launch window and autologoff. however problem still exists. Any help ?

Omar, my share is already on W2k8R2 but still the problem exists. Any suggestions ?

More
23 Jan 2014 00:04 #1596 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: Active Sessions are less than launched session
did you check which sessions not become active? are they always the same users? do you see a pattern in users?
did the launchers initiate all sessions? do the launchers have enough resources (CPU/MEM)? are there 150 desktops available?

let me know.

What our customers are saying

Jamie Vernon - STARTEK

"Login PI enables us to minimize system downtime and deliver strategic business value like never before."

Jamie Vernon, VP of IT and infrastructure at STARTEK 

Akio Kawaguchi - Networld

"Login VSI is the only tool for benchmarking VDI with high level accuracy. We use Login VSI to verify the performance of our internal VDI system and to verify the performance of VDI systems that we integrate for our customers."

Akio Kawaguchi, Deputy General Manager of International Alliance Sector at Networld Corporation

Manoj Doshi - Aetna

"Login VSI gives you a true picture of performance in your environment, whether you’ve built it right or need to make changes. When you don’t have room for mistakes, Login VSI provides you with the confidence and assurance that the environment is going to work."

Manoj Doshi, Director - Client Technology Innovation at Aetna

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200