login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Target Setup, one question

• merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
25 Jan 2013 03:01 #718

Target Setup>Preparing the target platform

I don't know this sentence:
Execute the “create profiles” run to pre-configure the local or roaming profiles required for the test runs.

Could you please explain it in more detail?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2013 09:34 #719

Hi Merrist,

When you configure Login VSI using the management console to prepare your target system or image, enable the option “Create Profiles” on the first run. The Launcher machine creates the profiles on the designated target server. This will not perform a benchmark, but quickly pre configure the local profiles required for testing. To pre-create local profiles, only a single Launcher is required as the amount of concurrent open connections is minimal.

Before the actual Load Tests are started, it is important to first create the local user profiles on the target machines. When you are using images for your target system, it is highly recommend to prepare and include the local profiles within the image. This will save you a lot of time, as you are not required to run the pre-create profile phase on each new system before you can benchmark.

Let me know if this explains the details you been looking for.

Regards,

Omar

• merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
26 Jan 2013 07:11 #720

Thanks Omar,

I see. First run, I enable the option "Create Profiles". This test just is a user's initialization to prepare the Profiles, not a benchmark test. Second run, I disable the option "Create Profiles". This test is a benchmark test. So I have a question is that: Third run, I enable the option "Create Profiles". The purpose is the same with First Run? And This test will create new Profiles.

I have other question is that: What is the Profiles? In the AD, we can configure the roam Profiles' Path? etc

Regards,

Jack

More
28 Jan 2013 10:50 #726

Hi Merrist,

What is the (Create) Profiles;

A Windows profile, also known as a User Account, allows all users of a shared computer to save their own personalized desktop environment. These settings include the background, shortcuts, start menu, and My Documents folder. But also, which is intended for VSI, Outlook, Word and Excel profiles.

"My Documents" - This folder is intended to contain the user's work, and in Windows programs, dialog boxes will typically prompt the user to store documents here. "My Documents" as a shortcut also appears on the desktop, and in My Computer. It is here that these shortcuts point.

"Favorites, Cookies, and History" - These folders are used by Microsoft's Internet Explorer web browser to store surfing data. They are not used by alternative browsers such as Firefox or Opera, which typically store their data under "Application Data."

"Nethood, Printhood" - These folders contain the network shares and printers discovered by the user with the My Network Places applet, in the form of shortcuts.

"Start Menu" - This folder contains the shortcuts present on the same-named Desktop feature.

"Desktop" - This folder contains files and shortcuts present on the user's desktop.

"Application Data" - Provided mainly for the use of programmers, as a place to store data that is related to specific software, but which does not fall into the category of documents that a user might open directly. This folder was made necessary by Windows' best practices programming guidelines, which now prohibit the storage of temporary data of any kind in the Program Files folder.

"Local Settings" - Functionally similar to "Application Data", and contains a second subfolder of that name. It also contains the temporary files generated by Windows programs themselves, and as a result of Internet Explorer's online activities. For standalone computers the two folders are functionally similar, but on networks employing Roaming profiles, the "Local Settings" folder is not included in the profile synchronization process. Thus, data in the "Local Settings" folder will not be copied between computers when the user roams.

Note: Some of these subfolders are hidden from the users view in Windows Explorer. To see them you must uncheck "Hide System Folders" in the folder options.

Hoping that this gives you an accurate and overview answer.

PS, it is not needed to rerun the 'create profiles' and thus is the purpose the same on the 1st run.

Regards,

Omar

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85