login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40

Setting up the launcher and target

• vsuryana
  • vsuryana's Avatar Topic Author
31 Jan 2013 16:09 #737

Hi, I am using Login VSI for SBC environment. In this case, is it a must that I should have microsoft remote desktop services on the launcher and target? That is, the client on the launcher and the session host on the target? Can I just install the launcher software that comes with Login VSI without having to install the remote desktop client? I am struck at this point and do not know how to proceed. Please help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2013 16:24 #741

It is not a must that you should have the RDS Role on the Launcher(s). I actually suggest to not even install it on the Launcher(s). It is only needed for your Target(s), the Session Host makes it possible to connect with multiply users to one and the same Server (SBC).

"A Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) server is the server that hosts Windows-based programs or the full Windows desktop for Remote Desktop Services clients."

The Launcher(s) portion can be installed on any Machine/VM, as long as the host is a Windows Based Platform. The Session Host is the Target and should be configured/prepared with the Target portion.

Yes, you can just install the Launcher software without the remote desktop client that comes within the Login VSI portion. However you can remotely install the Launcher software (RDP); always run the software 'as admin'.

Let me know if this works for you.

• vsuryana
  • vsuryana's Avatar Topic Author
04 Feb 2013 18:23 #746

Thank you so much Omar.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670