login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Remote Desktop Session Starts, but no activity

• vsuryana
  • vsuryana's Avatar Topic Author
06 Feb 2013 20:11 #773

Hello, I have the test environment setup and after creating the profiles, when I run the test, the remote desktop session to the target opens, but there is no activity after that. When I open the analyzer to see the result, an error pops up telling that the log files are invalid. Do I need to do anything else? Please help.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 10:05 #779

Hi VSU,

Can you please verify:
- The users that you use to logon with are created with the Login VSI AD setup or otherwise modified to start C:\Program Files\Login Consultants\Files\logon.cmd
- The users that you use to logon with have read and write access to the VSI share
- You installed the VSI target installation on your target(s)
- The folder %programfiles%\Login Consultants\VSI\Files exists on your target(s) and contains about 13 items.
- The VSIShare specified in %programfiles%\Login Consultants\VSI\Files\vsi.ini is accessible for the VSI user(s). They need write access.
- The G drive is not in use/mapped. The VSI logon script will map this drive.
- The B and H drives do not exist OR are writeable by the VSI users.

Some questions that help me troubleshoot your issue
- You can also run %programfiles%\Login Consultants\VSI\Files\logon.cmd from a cmd window.
- If the logon script creates the file mappings, are you able to start the test by running B:\VSI32.exe or B:\VSI64.exe, depending on your environment?
- If running VSI32\64 from the B: drive fails, does running %programfiles%\Login Consultants\VSI\Files\VSI32.exe or VSI64.exe work?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Omar

• vsuryana
07 Feb 2013 21:42 #783

Thanks Omar. Will do the above and let you know.

• vsuryana
07 Feb 2013 22:59 #784

Hi Omar, please find the answers below :

1) The Login_VSI_TS has read/write permission to the VSI share. Is this good? or do I need to do anything else to give the users read/write permission?

2) VSI target is installed on the target

3) The folder %programfiles%\Login Consultants\VSI\Files exists on the target(s) and contains about 17 items.

4) The vsi.ini properties shows read/write permission for users

5) The G drive is not in use/mapped

6) When I run %programfiles%\Login Consultants\VSI\Files\logon.cmd from a cmd window, it gives me an error and I will attach it with this message.

7) The B: drive is created when I run the above command. Running B:\VSI64.exe does not start the test. It gives an error as attached.

8)

Running %programfiles%\Login Consultants\VSI\Files\VSI64.exe does not work.

Let me know if you want more info. Thanks.

Attachment not found

More
11 Feb 2013 17:34 #792

Hi VSU,

The problem is that you are manually running the VSI executable. Which means that there is no 'active test file' in the VSIShare (the Management Console did not write one). Because of starting the executable manually VSI will find out that there is no _active test_ available, which makes sense.

1- When you start a test via the Management Console, you configure it (workload/office/sessions etc.)
2- When you kick it off it will wright the Active Test file (with the test name provided in the test wizard)
3- Test users connecting will _read_ this file and start the test

Please start a test via the Management Console and let me know if that works.

The 'house cleaning' (logon script) error can safely be ignored

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Omar

PS, I already e-mailed you for a quick meeting and go through the configuration(s)

More
14 Feb 2013 15:04 #794

All,

The problem is solved.

Problem; no workload activity when starting a test via the Management Console (with x-amount of users)

Solution; configure the desired (VSI) users to call the login script from the net logon folder. If the AD-setup portion is applied, one should connect with these users, which is Login_VSI#. VSU missed that part of configuring the VSI users in the MMC.

Detail; users should run the login script from the net logon folder, that should kickoff the logon.cmd and the local logon.cmd files from the program files directory. Typically easy to recognize by the drives that become substituted by the logon script.

Regards,

Omar

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85