login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-01.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

About CreateProfile

• merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
22 Feb 2013 07:49 #813

Testing Environment:
LoginVSI3.7: 20 Launchers(Win764bit, 2vCPU, 8GB RAM, )+1 Master Launcher/VSIShare folder(Win7 32bit, 2vCPU, 8GB RAM)
VMware View 5.1.1: 1000vdesktops(Win7 32bit, 2vCPU,3GB RAM)

Question
First test, we need to run the CreateProfile. But the CreateProfile process is fail becuase of some errors. Such as: Connecting the VMware View Connection Server is timeout; the protocl(PCOIP) is errors.etc
So, I want to know:
How can I do for this case when we need to run the CreateProfile?
If we have run the CreateProfile process many times, the result ends of failling. Then the VMs that have run the CreateProfile successfully will be run nothing when we run the CreateProfile process again?

The fianl question is that I can't finish the CreateProfile successfully.
What should I do? :(

Kind Regards,
Jack

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2013 11:55 #817

Hi Jack,

I would suggest to test without the create profiles mode and start a normal test and consider that as 'the create profiles' (you can just delete the test logs). However, if the create profiles mode cannot even access your VmView VMs/pool, I suggest that you troubleshoot that first, VSI has no influence on the PCoIP nor VMware View connecting/configurations problems.

So; make sure you can connect (via) the (pool) VMs deployed with View. This should (needs to work) work manually.

Can you provide us the details of the problem? Any log files, Event Viewer related View issues, printscreens etc.

PS, your mentioning that it only happens on the CreateProfile mode, but i doubt that, does it also happen on other Workloads?

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Regards,

Omar.

• merrist
28 Feb 2013 12:29 #830

I try to use one launcher and one Target VM. I can start to run the test successfully.
But at the first test, using 20 launcher and 1000 Target VMs is not success.
Is the reason too many Target VMs?

More
28 Feb 2013 13:12 #831

Hi Merrist,

It could be that you did not configured the Pool right within your VMware environment.
Like I mentioned before, VSI has no influences on the setup of your VMware environment. It can be that there are to many Targets on one Pool maybe?

- Are all the VMs in the pool 'pre-booted'?
- Are all the VMs in the pool (status) 'available'?

Best Regards,

Omar

• merrist
01 Mar 2013 03:13 #836

Omar wrote:

Hi Merrist,

It could be that you did not configured the Pool right within your VMware environment.
Like I mentioned before, VSI has no influences on the setup of your VMware environment. It can be that there are to many Targets on one Pool maybe?

- Are all the VMs in the pool 'pre-booted'?
- Are all the VMs in the pool (status) 'available'?

Best Regards,

Omar

Hi Omar,
I have 8 Pools. Each Pools has 125 Targets.
- Are all the VMs in the pool 'pre-booted'?----Can you tell me about the 'pre-booted'. I can't understand, please.
- Are all the VMs in the pool (status) 'available'?----Yes, all the VMs are available
I think that VMware environment has a problem via my operation. The problem is likely to the storage delay in the VMware environment. It will be run when I try to use one launcher and one Target. And I can see the less delay using the commandline(iostat) in the storage side. But I try to use 1000 Targets, I can see that the delay of the storage is very big and the disk utilization ratio reachs to 100%. So I think the reason is the VDI boot stream.

• merrist
01 Mar 2013 06:48 #838

Hi Omar,
I will send mail to attach the pictures. Please check it.

Kind Regards,
Jack

• merrist
01 Mar 2013 09:02 #839

I try to use a sequentail launch type to deal with the boot stream.The result is that we deal with the boot stream probelm, but the test is still not success. The targets are not work and just log in the OS.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands