login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal What's the difference between VSIIndex_avg and VSIIndex_Calculation?

• gbreit
  • gbreit's Avatar Topic Author
26 Feb 2013 07:16 #822 by gbreit
gbreit created the topic: What's the difference between VSIIndex_avg and VSIIndex_Calculation?
As the title. One is weighted before calculation and another is not?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2013 08:56 #823 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: What's the difference between VSIIndex_avg and VSIIndex_Calculation?
Hi GB,

VSIIndex_min, VSIIndex_avg and VSIIndex_max is the minimal/average/maximal sum of calculated values of the raw data line for a given session_count.

VSICalculation is the average of response times from four consecutive data groups of which each are made of the same session counts, minus the top / bottom stuff, versus the VSIIndex_avg, which is just average of the calculated values for one session value.

I hope this makes sense to you and if not please let me know.

Regards,

Omar

• gbreit
  • gbreit's Avatar Topic Author
27 Feb 2013 01:55 - 27 Feb 2013 02:01 #825 by gbreit
gbreit replied the topic: What's the difference between VSIIndex_avg and VSIIndex_Calculation?
Hi Omar,
What do you mean for "four consecutive data groups"? I am not quite understand it? Could you explain it? Thanks.

Attachments:

More
28 Feb 2013 11:07 - 28 Feb 2013 11:08 #828 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: What's the difference between VSIIndex_avg and VSIIndex_Calculation?
For the “average of response times from 4 consecutive data groups of which each are made of the same session counts”:
in the RAW data we have for example 22 data lines with these session_count numbers:

Session_count

So we have these unique session_count numbers:

For the purpose of calculating the VSI Index Calculation we take the 4 consecutive data groups. Let’s start with session count 11 and take the next 3 session_count numbers:

And now to calculate VSI index calculation we have to take all the raw data lines which have these session_count numbers and calculate the VSIIndex for the line.

I will contact you by email and zoom-in to your questions in detail.

Regards,

Omar

PS, i suggest not to modify the Analyzer preferences.

What our customers are saying

Tony Reynolds - 23Technology

"As a cloud and virtualisation consultancy, 23Technology use Login VSI to prove the scalability of our paper designs for our customers. It has become an important part of our assurance process. In one instance, it helped us to successfully complete a project by showing that, with correctly configured anti-virus, the designed solution scaled to meet our client’s needs."

Tony Reynolds, Technical Director at 23Technology

Sajad Shah - Cancer Research

"Login VSI has empowered us to make more informed decisions on releasing a new vDisk which we now do on a monthly basis. We have found that Login VSI tests can also flag other issues in our environment that may not be picked up by our standard User Testing which allows us to either make the appropriate changes to the vDisk or workload script adjustments to run successful tests. This has given us peace of mind and allows us to release VDI’s with confidence."

Sajad Shah, Senior Technical Analyst at Cancer Research UK

Jamie Vernon - STARTEK

"Login PI enables us to minimize system downtime and deliver strategic business value like never before."

Jamie Vernon, VP of IT and infrastructure at STARTEK 

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200