login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

normal How can I monitor the LoginVSI test?

• merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
06 Mar 2013 06:20 #842 by merrist
merrist created the topic: How can I monitor the LoginVSI test?
I have 1000 sessions. There are 20 launchers provide 50 sessions to test. If one of the 1000 sessions is stuck, how can I find it? Or the software of the VMs is stuck during the VSI test, what's the way to find it and solve it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2013 12:14 #844 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: How can I monitor the LoginVSI test?
Hi Merrist,

At this moment there is no easy way to find out, there is in the future though.
I would suggest to either;
- Start testing with less test users, for example: 200, 400, 600 and so on (slowly increase the amount of test users)
- When the test is finished: find out which users did not logoff and localize the issues on the specific users/desktops

The VSIShare does tell us, which gains more insight, the Launched sessions, Active Sessions and Active Sessions Finished. These can be found in the VSIShare\_VSI_Logfiles\TESTNAME\
- _LaunchedSessions\CountLaunched
- _ActiveSessionsRunning\CountActive
- _ActiveSessionsFinished\CountActive

Let me know if this works out for you.

Regards,

Omar

• merrist
  • merrist's Avatar Topic Author
07 Mar 2013 12:30 #846 by merrist
merrist replied the topic: How can I monitor the LoginVSI test?
Hi Omar,

Thanks for your reply!
I think that it is good idea to increase slowly the amount of test users. In the next test, I will try it.
Thank you again.

Kind Regards,
Jack

What our customers are saying

Manoj Doshi - Aetna

"Login VSI gives you a true picture of performance in your environment, whether you’ve built it right or need to make changes. When you don’t have room for mistakes, Login VSI provides you with the confidence and assurance that the environment is going to work."

Manoj Doshi, Director - Client Technology Innovation at Aetna

Nick Couper - Bet365

"LoginVSI is an essential tool for our company which enables us to load test our virtual desktop environment so that we can capacity plan with confidence. We would struggle to benchmark our systems without it."

Nick Couper, IT Services Delivery Manager at Bet365

Rob Girard - Tintri

"You would be somewhat nuts to go to production with VDI without first and constantly re-evaluating with Login VSI. Always run all your changes through it so there are no surprises. Surprises in VDI never just hit one or two users--it's all or nothing.”

Rob Girard, Technical Marketing Engineer at Tintri

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200