login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Launcher not ready

• aminf13
  • aminf13's Avatar Topic Author
01 Apr 2013 23:26 #867

Hello,

I am relatively new to LognVSI. I have setup a small lab, consisting of a launcher, adserver and a target machine serving as Remote Desktop Server. I have followed the installation instructions and currently I want to create profiles. Problem is that on the launcher machine, whenever I want to start the create profile test, I keep receiving "Launcher not ready" message. I would appreciate your help in resolving this issue.

Thanks,
Amin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2013 23:33 #868

Hello Amin,

Are you using the hostname to refer to the launcher machine? See www.loginvsi.com/forum/support/328-probl...e-no-active-test#329

• aminf13
02 Apr 2013 00:02 #869

Oh! Thanks! I hadn't seen this thread... I corrected the name of the launcher and I go further a little!

Not I cannot connect to my target machine, the credentials don't seem to work. Even if I try to open a remote desktop manually from launcher to target, I cannot log in. I use Login_VSI1 as username (default) and enter the same password that I used when running ADSetup. No luck! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Amin

More
02 Apr 2013 00:05 #870

I would suggest resetting the password of one of the users to be sure.

• aminf13
02 Apr 2013 00:09 #871

Well, when opening remote desktop manually, if I use <domain>\Login_VSI1, the credentials work, but I receive the message that the account is disabled. If I use Management console and run the create profile test, it uses the Login_VSI1 as username (without the domain) and hence cannot log in. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Amin

• aminf13
02 Apr 2013 00:15 #872

Hmmm.... some how in the active directory all accounts created by ADSetup were disabled. I enabled them, and now I receive the error message "account is not authorized for remote login". How am I supposed to fix that? Note that this is still using a manual Remote Desktop Connection. Running create profile test using management console still ends up with invalid credential error message.

• Mbergin
27 Jan 2014 19:15 #1608

Any update on this? I am getting the same error and therefore cannot RDP to any of the VDI sessions.....

More
28 Jan 2014 09:26 #1610

All,

Like Dennis mentioned "Are you using the hostname to refer to the launcher machine? See www.loginvsi.com/forum/support/328-probl...e-no-active-test#329 "

1- Make sure that the target machines are up/running.
1.1- Make sure that the target machines do have the active directory test users (loginvsi group) locally added to "remote desktop users"
2- Make sure that you are using active directory test users.
2.1- Make sure that the active directory test users do have the logon script configured

If you get, "account is not authorized for remote login", then
The most obvious reason is that the user are not member of the "remote desktop users".

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands