login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

LaunchRDP.exe / commandline and csv

• darkgen
  • darkgen's Avatar Topic Author
04 Apr 2013 12:02 - 04 Apr 2013 12:05 #876 by darkgen
Hi,
I'm struggling to get the LaunchRDP.exe executable to launch test sessins as expected: Below is the command-line I'm using following by the frmat of the CSV fiel I'm passing to the command-line

"C:\Program Files\Login Consultants\VSI\Launcher\Agent\LaunchRDP.exe" %CSV_pc% %CSV_port% %CSV_user% %CSV_domain% %CSV_password% %CSV_con% %CSV_redd% %CSV_redp%

CSV Extract:
pc,port,user,domain,password,con,redd,redp
PC_Name,3389,usernamex,userdomain,<actual_password>,0,0,0

The above does not seem to pass the authentication credentials as expected and will only open an RDP session prompting for a password. Would appreciate if someone could perhaps confirm the format is correct and/or provide some working examples.

Many thanks, Paul.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2013 15:02 #877 by d.geerlings
Hello Paul,

The syntax that you are using is correct. Can you post a screenshot of the password prompt? You can do it through a support request if you don't want to post it online.

• darkgen
05 Apr 2013 09:45 - 05 Apr 2013 09:48 #879 by darkgen
Hi,
Its just the expected winlogon prompt from within the RDP session: Screenshot attached:
Regards, Paul.
Attachments:

More
10 Apr 2013 12:04 #893 by d.geerlings
Hello Paul,

I was looking for possible messages regarding the reason why the session doesn't log on. If you like i can schedule a GoToMeeting session to look into this issue.

• darkgen
10 Apr 2013 13:38 - 10 Apr 2013 13:38 #894 by darkgen
Hi Dennis:
I suspect the issue here is a form of single-sign on issue. I'm using a Windows 2008 server as the launcher which is attempting to then run the test on Windows XP SP3 workstation/s.

The only obvious setting I can think of which should allow passthru credentials from the connecting host is the local seting "Always prompt client for password upon connection." which is set to disabled. However this seemingly makes no difference.

So basically is there settings which need to be set to allow use of the launchRDP.exe when connecting to Windows XP SP3 workstations?

Regards, Paul.

• darkgen
24 Apr 2013 08:52 #910 by darkgen
Thought I'd update.
School boy error I'm afraid and a rogue global group policy was resetting the XP clients "fPromptForPsssword" key - *shame*.

However now working as expected. As an aside, does launchrdp cater for setting the color-depth?

Regards, Paul.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801