login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Script Terminated [Appfocus

• dibbens
  • dibbens's Avatar Topic Author
21 May 2013 22:53 #1040

Hi I seem to be getting plagued with stuck sessions regarding the Script terminated Appfocus.
I have adjusted timeouts to 300 secs as recommended etc. I see this typically with MindMap and Adobe.
It seems to occur anytime through the test e.g loop 1 loop 5 etc. I have reduced the test load but still see the error. Obviously the more sessions I put on the more I see the error, however even with 20 sessions I am still seeing the error occur.
The test environment is XenApp 6.5 on a hyper-V host (2012) I have used the tool many times in the past but never seen these errors unless the serve was under heavy load.

Extracts from the logs:
03;Appfocus;[MindMap.mm] does not exist waited for: 300sec.;Failed
2013-05-22 08:28:34;Login_VSI7;XAPHV003;RESET;Critical error scripts stopped;Appfocus [MindMap.mm] does not exist waited for: 300sec.

Thanks Pete

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2013 08:53 #1047

Pete,

Did increasing the timeout reduce the occurrences of this error?
Did the sessions that got stuck here eventually open the applications?

The applications are simply not opening in a timely fashion. You could increase the timeout even further but keep in mind that applications are already taking over 300 seconds to open.

• dibbens
22 May 2013 10:31 #1049

Thanks Dennis,

Increasing the timeout seemed to make little difference. I have just created a new image for the XenApp servers and the occurrence of the issue is somewhat reduced without Antivirus.
I am using MS endpoint protection in the image also so not sure if this has something to do with it, I am still testing. I have had the issue occur with the first user logged into the test???.

Previously I have carried out the same tests with XenServer as the hypervisor without seeing the issue unless the host was under heavy load. (this is a FlexPod architecture)

Thanks again Pete

More
17 Jun 2013 10:29 #1154

Thanks Pete. Let me know how things are processing. Thanks,

Regards,

Omar

• dibbens
17 Jun 2013 10:45 #1155

Thanks for your support and my apologies for not updating earlier. I resolved the issues.

The issue was resolved by carrying out the following (sorry I was running out of time to find out which process) I have Citrix EdgeSight in my image I excluded the following processes from EdgeSight:

MsMpEng.exe;msseces.exe;VSI64.exe;LoginTimer.ex;VSIRemoteFX.e;VSICM-Target.;Gradiant.exe;kidkeylock.ex;gui.exe

See the following article:
support.citrix.com/article/CTX134770 ( Note: MsMpEng.exe;msseces.exe Antivirus)

Test runs rock solid I can max out the host CPU etc etc and out of 1200 sessions under test I see maybe 4 stuck sessions under full load.

Thanks again for your help

Pete

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85