login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

normal Script Terminated [Appfocus

• dibbens
  • dibbens's Avatar Topic Author
21 May 2013 22:53 #1040 by dibbens
dibbens created the topic: Script Terminated [Appfocus
Hi I seem to be getting plagued with stuck sessions regarding the Script terminated Appfocus.
I have adjusted timeouts to 300 secs as recommended etc. I see this typically with MindMap and Adobe.
It seems to occur anytime through the test e.g loop 1 loop 5 etc. I have reduced the test load but still see the error. Obviously the more sessions I put on the more I see the error, however even with 20 sessions I am still seeing the error occur.
The test environment is XenApp 6.5 on a hyper-V host (2012) I have used the tool many times in the past but never seen these errors unless the serve was under heavy load.

Extracts from the logs:
03;Appfocus;[MindMap.mm] does not exist waited for: 300sec.;Failed
2013-05-22 08:28:34;Login_VSI7;XAPHV003;RESET;Critical error scripts stopped;Appfocus [MindMap.mm] does not exist waited for: 300sec.

Thanks Pete
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2013 08:53 #1047 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: Script Terminated [Appfocus
Pete,

Did increasing the timeout reduce the occurrences of this error?
Did the sessions that got stuck here eventually open the applications?

The applications are simply not opening in a timely fashion. You could increase the timeout even further but keep in mind that applications are already taking over 300 seconds to open.

• dibbens
22 May 2013 10:31 #1049 by dibbens
dibbens replied the topic: Script Terminated [Appfocus
Thanks Dennis,

Increasing the timeout seemed to make little difference. I have just created a new image for the XenApp servers and the occurrence of the issue is somewhat reduced without Antivirus.
I am using MS endpoint protection in the image also so not sure if this has something to do with it, I am still testing. I have had the issue occur with the first user logged into the test???.

Previously I have carried out the same tests with XenServer as the hypervisor without seeing the issue unless the host was under heavy load. (this is a FlexPod architecture)

Thanks again Pete

More
17 Jun 2013 10:29 #1154 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: Script Terminated [Appfocus
Thanks Pete. Let me know how things are processing. Thanks,

Regards,

Omar

• dibbens
17 Jun 2013 10:45 #1155 by dibbens
dibbens replied the topic: Script Terminated [Appfocus
Thanks for your support and my apologies for not updating earlier. I resolved the issues.

The issue was resolved by carrying out the following (sorry I was running out of time to find out which process) I have Citrix EdgeSight in my image I excluded the following processes from EdgeSight:

MsMpEng.exe;msseces.exe;VSI64.exe;LoginTimer.ex;VSIRemoteFX.e;VSICM-Target.;Gradiant.exe;kidkeylock.ex;gui.exe

See the following article:
support.citrix.com/article/CTX134770 ( Note: MsMpEng.exe;msseces.exe Antivirus)

Test runs rock solid I can max out the host CPU etc etc and out of 1200 sessions under test I see maybe 4 stuck sessions under full load.

Thanks again for your help

Pete

What our customers are saying

Shaun Donaldson - Bitdefender

"As a software vendor, the reason that we became a Login VSI customer is that we wanted to see how we compared to our competitors. After talking to VMware and Citrix about how they test their products, it became clear to me that we needed to follow our strategic partners and be able to show how our product compares favorably to our competitors. We just completed a round of tests using Login VSI and you will see white papers showing performance data."

Shaun Donaldson, Alliances Director at Bitdefender

Randy Groves - Teradici

"As the developer of the PCoIP protocol, we do a lot of our own internal benchmarking to make sure that we’re continuing to improve our protocol. But we can’t actually publish our internal benchmarks because everybody might think that the tests are biased. So when we want to publish results, we use Login VSI. That way, if a customer wants to repeat our results they can.”

Randy Groves, CTO at Teradici

Johnny Blizzard - Health Insurance Organization

"We now have indisputable empirical proof supporting our claims. With Login VSI, we can run our own applications against various hardware platforms before we move to production! Application owners can see how their code impacts their users on our systems and we can present our findings to management for funding increases. We can also advocate for the users when supporting their claims of poor performance, all because of Login VSI."

Johnny Blizzard, Sr. IT Systems Engineer at a Health Insurance Organization

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200