login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal Light work load have more than 2 app running at the same time

• Yinglong
  • Yinglong's Avatar Topic Author
05 Jun 2013 14:44 #1086 by Yinglong
Yinglong created the topic: Light work load have more than 2 app running at the same time
Hi,
We are running testing with light work load, but most of the time there are three apps showing active during the session (Word, Outlook and IE). According to the workload profile below, light workload should have just two app running during test. Another observation is that Outlook seem to be running most of the time throughout the loop, which is very different from the workload profile. (We are running Win 7 + Office 2013).

www.loginvsi.com/documentation/v3/performing-tests/workloads

My quesiton is if this behaviour is correct and if it is contributing to the CPU overhead?

Thank you
Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2013 12:45 #1097 by m.plettenberg
m.plettenberg replied the topic: Light work load have more than 2 app running at the same time
Hi Yinglong,

I have updated the workload sheet for you, please find it attached to this post.

Regards,
Mark

• Yinglong
  • Yinglong's Avatar Topic Author
07 Jun 2013 12:49 #1098 by Yinglong
Yinglong replied the topic: Light work load have more than 2 app running at the same time
Hi, Mark:
Thanks, just to confirm this is the light work load right? And are there changes to other workload definitions?

Cheers

More
07 Jun 2013 12:55 #1099 by m.plettenberg
m.plettenberg replied the topic: Light work load have more than 2 app running at the same time
Hi Yinglong,

This is light, im currently not aware of any changes in the other workloads.

What our customers are saying

Eduardo Molina - RoundTower Technologies

"Login VSI support is fantastic. I had one issue, things were not working. I sent an email, got a call the next morning and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and we just solved the issue in less than an hour. And that was one thing that was really, really great, the support that we get from Login VSI is fantastic."

Eduardo Molina, Virtualization and Cloud Architect at RoundTower Technologies

Michael Bernas - Workers' Compensation Board Alberta

“We've used Login VSI for the past 3 years as part of our Disaster Recovery Exercise. It's not only helped us in validating the functionality of our Citrix XenApp farm, but it's also been an invaluable tool in proving the number of concurrent connections into the environments. It’s allowed us to take our theoretical numbers and put actual real life data behind them.”

Michael Bernas, Workers' Compensation Board of Alberta

Johnny Blizzard - Health Insurance Organization

"We now have indisputable empirical proof supporting our claims. With Login VSI, we can run our own applications against various hardware platforms before we move to production! Application owners can see how their code impacts their users on our systems and we can present our findings to management for funding increases. We can also advocate for the users when supporting their claims of poor performance, all because of Login VSI."

Johnny Blizzard, Sr. IT Systems Engineer at a Health Insurance Organization

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200