login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal Building Blocks.dotx is locked for editing

• gadvdi
  • gadvdi's Avatar Topic Author
06 Sep 2013 17:31 #1398 by gadvdi
gadvdi created the topic: Building Blocks.dotx is locked for editing
I'm attempting to run a VSI 3.7 Light workload test on XenDesktop 7 running on ESXi 5.1 with Windows 7 SP1 desktops that have Office 2007 installed. I used this same image previously under VDI-in-a-box with no problems but suddenly I have discovered this new problem that hangs the whole VSI test where it pops up a message box that says "Building Blocks.dotx is locked for editing by 'Login VSI'" and that triggers a cascade of error messages. screen shot is attached.

Anybody seen this? I have found references to this problem in other contexts (not login vsi) but no solutoins except to open a read-only copy and you'll never see that again.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2013 19:55 #1404 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: Building Blocks.dotx is locked for editing
Hello,

Does this happen for every session?

• gadvdi
  • gadvdi's Avatar Topic Author
13 Sep 2013 18:41 #1409 by gadvdi
gadvdi replied the topic: Building Blocks.dotx is locked for editing
Yes this was happening on every desktop. I think it may have been related to a domain policy we had leftover from a different test plan. The Citrix User Profile Management policy templates seem to cause problems when running with XD7, so I have disabled it. I also built a new clean image on windows 8 with Office 2010 and this did not occur.

What our customers are saying

Michael Cooper - Citrix

"We use Login VSI as a level set. If we are looking at a system that we are putting on brand new hardware or that we are putting in the cloud, we may see those environments completely differently but the end result is: is the user going to have a good solid happy user experience? And what Login VSI provides us on all three platforms is fairly consistent apples-to-apples comparison: is the user happy?"

Michael Cooper, Director of Solutions Architecture and Global Alliances at Citrix Systems

Eduardo Molina - RoundTower Technologies

"Login VSI support is fantastic. I had one issue, things were not working. I sent an email, got a call the next morning and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and we just solved the issue in less than an hour. And that was one thing that was really, really great, the support that we get from Login VSI is fantastic."

Eduardo Molina, Virtualization and Cloud Architect at RoundTower Technologies

Maarten Bruijnesteijn - PPG

"We are using Login VSI for hardware scaling. By testing the number of users that can run on our environment, we know the amount of hardware that we will need upfront. We also use Login VSI in our production acceptance process to test changes to the system to evaluate changes to the environment."

Maarten Bruijnesteijn, System Software Analyst at PPG Industries

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200