login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Benchmark runs stay stuck at 0 sessions / 43 minutes left to run

• mjb
  • mjb's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jun 2014 22:29 #2047

Hello folks,

I'm trying to run some tests on Horizon View 5.3.1. I have a pool of 200 VMs configured with appropriate GPOs. I have 4 launchers and am running the file share from the same system as the management console. For some reason, whenever I try to scale up to 50 VMs my sessions don't launch. I noticed estimated time remains at around 43 minutes (still counting down, then bouncing up, then down again) indefinitely.

I've tried benchmark and non-benchmark mode. I've reboot everything. As a new Login VSI guy, I haven't a clue what to do next. I'm on the Pro version.

Ideas?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2014 06:38 #2048

Hello,

I would like to setup a gotomeeting session with you to solve your issues. Please email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your preferred time / day and timezone so we can setup a session.

In the meanwhile can you check the following things:
- Can you manually setup a connection to your vm's from your launchers?
- When the test is started do the launchers try and launch the sessions (you can see this when you see a commandline entered in the launcher window)
- I see that you have configured 4 launchers for 200 sessions, so 50 sessions per launcher. Our best practice for VMware Horizon View environments is 25 sessions per launcher.
- Try to disable basephase (found in test setup > scenario (bottom left button) and run the test again.

Let me know the results.

Regards

Tom Willemsen - Support VSI

• mjb
18 Jun 2014 11:41 #2051

Thanks Tom -- I'm working through the troubleshooting steps while connected to support. I'll update this thread once I have an answer!

• mjb
19 Jun 2014 18:18 #2054

I want to let you know that the issue is resolved. We had an intermittent communication issue between the storage system and the NFS server that caused connection timeouts. This had a downstream effect of Login VSI sitting in this situation as I described it above.

It would be quite helpful to users if some further fault isolation was part of the software. I'll throw that out there as a feature request for now or let me know if there are supports for adding code to your software.

Thanks!

More
19 Jun 2014 21:48 #2055

Thanks for the feedback and status-update.
We will take the feedback internally!

GL BM'ing

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85