login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal RDPConnect.exe can't connect to a server not listening on 3389 port

• xufango
  • xufango's Avatar Topic Author
04 Aug 2014 09:27 #2104 by xufango
xufango created the topic: RDPConnect.exe can't connect to a server not listening on 3389 port
How could RDPConnect.exe connect to a rdp session that is not listening on 3389?

If I specify the address after /server option like this:

RDPConnect.exe /server 192.168.122.35:30051 /user *** /password ****

RDPConnect.exe will report error like the "rdp-error.png" in attachment.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2014 20:47 #2105 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: RDPConnect.exe can't connect to a server not listening on 3389 port
Hi XU,

I can reproduce the same issue. Thanks for letting us know. Currently I have no solution for you.
I will submit a Problem and talk with the development team.

I have a work-around. Please email support[at]loginvsi[dot]com so I can forward the work-around if required.
Otherwise falling back to the default port is the fastest solution for you at this moment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What our customers are saying

Eduardo Molina - RoundTower Technologies

"Login VSI support is fantastic. I had one issue, things were not working. I sent an email, got a call the next morning and the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and we just solved the issue in less than an hour. And that was one thing that was really, really great, the support that we get from Login VSI is fantastic."

Eduardo Molina, Virtualization and Cloud Architect at RoundTower Technologies

Maarten Bruijnesteijn - PPG

"We are using Login VSI for hardware scaling. By testing the number of users that can run on our environment, we know the amount of hardware that we will need upfront. We also use Login VSI in our production acceptance process to test changes to the system to evaluate changes to the environment."

Maarten Bruijnesteijn, System Software Analyst at PPG Industries

Chris Gebhardt - NetApp

“We use Login VSI to make sure that what we are recommending to our customers is much better than what their guesses are. Because if you don't do proper assessment and if you don’t use Login VSI, your architecture is just a guess.”

Chris Gebhardt, Senior Technical Marketing Engineer at NetApp

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200