login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

normal No Active Session, Launched but not performing WorkLoad Execution

• a_aaron
  • a_aaron's Avatar Topic Author
21 Aug 2014 05:13 - 21 Aug 2014 05:21 #2115 by a_aaron
a_aaron created the topic: No Active Session, Launched but not performing WorkLoad Execution
Hi Team,

Problem statement:
I am using LoginVSI with XenApp 7.5 and landed in a problem where I could see sessions are launched but sitting Idle, No Workload execution happening.

Setup Details:
LoninVSI Version: 4.0.8.233
XenApp 7.5 [ I installed only this and not XenDesktop ]
OS for all the components : Windows 2k8r2 SP1
I am running it with Default Phase1 where Sessions: 10 & Launch Windows: 2800

I know in XenApp 6.5 I used to publish Desktop and in Connection string i used to have /application "Desktop", then it used to connect to desktop which was published through "publish applications" wizard, and it also used to execute workload. But in XenApp 7.5 in applications tab I dont see desktop listed alike in XenApp 6.5 ( Not sure if at all we need to publish desktop as well, if yes then how or is there any change around here ? ) So at present I dont have /application component from connection string and it's connecting to Desktop but no action then after mentioned in workload.

This is 1st time I am using LoginVSI with XenApp 7.5 so I am not sure if i am missing something here ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2014 07:29 #2116 by t.willemsen
t.willemsen replied the topic: No Active Session, Launched but not performing WorkLoad Execution
Hello Aaron,

Are you trying to "only" launch applications through xenapp or are you hosting desktops? Now about your problem, if a workload does not start it can have several reasons. Can you please check / answer the following list?
- Do you have any RES or AppSense in your environment?
- Are you using different users / VSIshare with your new setup compared to your old environment?
- When you login into a session and browse to the %tmp% directory, do you see a folder called VSI?
- If the VSI folder exists, please try and change the setting "Engine Startup" found in the Management Console > Workload > Settings tab all the way at the bottom. Change it to chained and then try to start a test.

Let me know your results!

• a_aaron
  • a_aaron's Avatar Topic Author
21 Aug 2014 08:29 #2117 by a_aaron
a_aaron replied the topic: No Active Session, Launched but not performing WorkLoad Execution
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply !!!
Good news is it got resolved.

- Yes, We are trying only applications through XenApp and no hosting of Desktop.
- No App Sense in environment
- Yes, I am using new VSIShare, but was using same AD setup same VSI users. and thats where the problem was lain.

I was going through the topics here and in one you mentioned about "logon" scripts, So I checked for "netlogon" calls on AD and saw it was referring to old VSIshare. I edited those commands and it worked fine.

Sessions are launched -> active & running workloads now.

Thanks for the solution :)

More
21 Aug 2014 08:36 #2118 by t.willemsen
t.willemsen replied the topic: No Active Session, Launched but not performing WorkLoad Execution
Good to hear!

Goodluck testing, if you have any other questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Regards

Tom Willemsen - Login VSI

What our customers are saying

Dan O'Farrell - Dell

"The primary goal of our VDI appliances is to simplify and to take the guesswork out of VDI, and the Login VSI tests help us to do that from a performance expectation capability. When we offer one of our appliances to our customers, we deliver benchmarks that are validated using multiple Login VSI workloads. When compared to a customer’s workload, these Login VSI-enabled benchmarks allow precise sizing estimations to be created."

Dan O'Farrell, Director, Product Marketing, Cloud & Client at Dell

Todd Mace - PernixData

"Login VSI has been a great partner for us. Customers use PernixData with Login VSI to help validate their user experience. Login VSI helps to see what their performance bottlenecks are and our software helps to mediate some of that. Login VSI has been a kind of defacto standard to be able to help that validation and help the customer to be able to come up with a solution to fix it."

Todd Mace, Product Manager at PernixData

Tony Reynolds - 23Technology

"As a cloud and virtualisation consultancy, 23Technology use Login VSI to prove the scalability of our paper designs for our customers. It has become an important part of our assurance process. In one instance, it helped us to successfully complete a project by showing that, with correctly configured anti-virus, the designed solution scaled to meet our client’s needs."

Tony Reynolds, Technical Director at 23Technology

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200