login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

7zip Executable not found during test start up

• Robinson
  • Robinson's Avatar Topic Author
09 Sep 2014 04:38 #2142

Hi

I'm having a hard time of it getting a test to run. I have isolated my target servers away from other GPO and have managed to get the login script to kick into life.

The problem is that it complains about 7zip exe not found. I have installed both 32 and 64 bit versions (i.e. it exists in both program file directories) and I can't figure out for the life of me what is wrong.

The tail of the error log is as follows

2014-09-09 16:12:34,Readsettings:Verify_runtime_files=1
2014-09-09 16:12:34,Veritfication on run time files initiating.
2014-09-09 16:12:34,Checking 7Zip executable...
2014-09-09 16:12:34,Starting screenshot routine
2014-09-09 16:12:34,Screenshot, move mouse and wait: 5 seconds
<eof>

Any thoughts? thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2014 09:20 #2143

Hello Robinson,

It looks to me that there might be a virusscanner or any other file controller application might be interfering during the logon script. If there is a Virus scanner please either turn it off or exclude the following locations:
- \\VSIShare\ (your own UNC path)
- %tmp%\VSI folder of the local computer

Can you also check after the logon has taken place if there is a folder named "VSI" and if there are files in the VSI\RunTime\ folder?

Let us know!

• Robinson
09 Sep 2014 20:59 #2144

Alas, there is no AV installed in this particular image.

If I run the target script manually, it does copy files to %temp% which in my case was c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\temp\1\

When I get the error, the HDX sessions promptly logs out as I guess the test thinks it's finished.

I don't actually see anywhere in the documentation* saying that 7zip is required - no debate that it is. Where is it looking exactly? I have manually installed it in both 64 and 32 bit locations and it still doesn't know where it is.

* I'm a shocker for missing obvious things when reading documentation :)

More
09 Sep 2014 21:33 #2145

Hello,

Can you try and enable the " Do not use temp folders per session " setting?

What sometimes happens is that during the execution of the logon script %temp% points to c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\temp. After the logon script is finished %temp% is set to /1, probably after Windows Explorer loads. Since VSI uses %temp%\vsi\ to copy the files to. When the VSI engine starts it is unable to find 7zip because it is looking at c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\temp\1 while the files are located in c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\temp instead.

• Robinson
09 Sep 2014 22:16 #2146

you beauty!

That did the trick. In my case I loaded up terminal services and manually unticked use temporary folders per session.

thank you SO much!

• williamholdin
15 Oct 2015 06:33 #2641

try this..... 7-Zip 9.20
William

• alexs
19 Nov 2015 16:50 #2675

If the "Do not use temp folders per session" setting still does not help, ensure your Engine Startup is set to "Chained." Also a simple reboot of the LoginVSI Share always helps me :)

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands