login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Login VSi Fatal Error IE5 - did not apperar quiting workload

• gadvdi
  • gadvdi's Avatar Topic Author
12 Sep 2014 19:21 #2152 by gadvdi
I have encountered this error in the Medium workload of 4.1 RC2. The error in my case is "The window IE5 did not appear quiting workload" and it occurs at the beginning of the Mario flash game in about 10% of my sessions. The website data was already set to 5 on all sites. I will try setting it to 10...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• gadvdi
12 Sep 2014 19:48 #2153 by gadvdi
looks like the problem has been solved by setting the website values to 10. there have been no errors or logoffs so far.

• gadvdi
12 Sep 2014 19:58 #2154 by gadvdi
spoke too soon. There is 1 logoff with the same error

More
12 Sep 2014 20:08 #2155 by d.geerlings
IE 5 is a different problem. The problem with IE5 is usually due to flash redirection. What platform are you testing?

• gadvdi
12 Sep 2014 22:11 #2156 by gadvdi
XenDesktop 7.1 on Hyper-V 2012R2 with win 8.1 desktops.

• gadvdi
15 Sep 2014 14:43 #2160 by gadvdi
I installed HDX monitor 3.3 and it says that flash redirection is Inactive on the current desktops. To get around the problem should flash redirection be enabled or disabled?

More
15 Sep 2014 19:24 #2161 by o.bouhaj
flash redirections are requirements that you as customer needs to decide.
FR enabled; renders flash content on the launchers (e.g. real live environment, on the endpoint clients)
FR disabled; renders the flash content on the host that hosts the W8.1 VMs (thus the Hyper-V host)

Both settings can and/or will have impact in testing with LoginVSI (VSImax values).

I would suggest to not touch the FR policies but to fix the problem. Usually flash rendering issues appear when the end-points do have a lower version of flash installed then the host (the hyper-v host). Best practices is to have same flash versions on both host and end-point. Minimum requirement is to have the end-point to the latest version (higer version then the hosting/hosted VMs).

However, we also have a work-around method. It depends what is or works better and more efficient for you.

Pls let us know what you prefer. The work-around is only updating the Workload used by LoginVSI.

Hear from you soon,

• gadvdi
16 Sep 2014 14:34 #2162 by gadvdi
well my launchers did not have a version of flash installed so they must have been running with the windows 7 builtin flash. I installed flash player 15 redistributable (activex) for IE on the launcher image and redeployed. The desktops have flash player 11. . I also enabled flash redirection in the citrix policies since I would like to offload from the server as much as possible.

The error is still killing 10-15% of my sessions however. I assume the workaround is to comment out a line in the medium workload file that sets the AppFocus on the FlashGame?

More
16 Sep 2014 21:42 - 16 Sep 2014 21:45 #2164 by o.bouhaj
Not sure if a redistributable (activex) flash version will work on the launchers, since it's only for IE (build in) and not the OS itself. If the desktops have flash player 11, assuming from our Target-setup portion? You can try installing the same version on/for the launchers.

Correct, for outlining the WL.
Pls outline:

#App_Focus("IE5", .. ... .. .. .. )

Thanks,

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418