login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Launcher agent doesn't start automatically

• Bruder_Felix
  • Bruder_Felix's Avatar Topic Author
16 Oct 2014 18:29 #2192

Hi,

I am new to Login VSI. I just added a second launcher. The Login VSI share is read/writeable from the 2nd launcher. When I start the test the first launcher starts the agent (it is running on the console machine), while the second launcher gets logged into, but does not run the agent. I don't see anything that says I need to do something more. If I start the agent manually (in the rdp window) then the tests will run just fine.

It must be something simple that I am missing, but would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2014 18:45 #2193

Hi Felix,

For the second launcher, which OS are you using on it?

• Bruder_Felix
16 Oct 2014 18:48 #2194

I am running Windows Server 2012r2

More
16 Oct 2014 18:54 #2195

For the launcher workflow that appears during the test setup wizard, do you have the Launcher -v4 user (or the user you have created for the launcher) information input in? It is important that you do, as this user has a logon script that will launcher the agent.exe when it signs on.

• Bruder_Felix
16 Oct 2014 19:01 #2196

Well, I am logging in as Admin. It does login, but no script is apparently run. I really don't know what Launcher -v4 user is, I just use admin as this is a test environment. That works fine on the management console system (which is my first launcher as well), but not on the second launcher. The share is visible and writeable from the 2nd launcher.

More
16 Oct 2014 19:07 #2197

I will contact you directly to explain your issues. Keep an eye out for my email.

More
16 Oct 2014 20:39 #2199

Update for all:

The launcher workload must have the Launcher-v4 as the sign in user. The reason is because it has logon scripts that point at agent.exe to allow for it to open up automatically during the launcher workflow. Also, the launcher user was missing from the AD, so that was needed to be added in.

• bd84
07 Oct 2015 18:06 #2637

I am having a similar issue. I have setup an environment and to try my test I created a launcher VM. Created the Launcher-v4 and LoginVSI users using the VSIADsetup PS script. On kicking off the test from LoginVSI VM, the launcher-v4 user logins fine to Launcher VM but never kicks off the Agent to start the test. I have to manually go the the VSIshare and start the agent.

I checked the Launcher-v4 user. It is created in the AD and profile says Logon script as V4-VSI_Launcher.cmd. Where is that script and why is the agent not automatically started?

More
07 Oct 2015 23:29 #2638

Hi Bd48,

This is an object reference for the AD test users. The scripts will be located in your %netlogon% folder in your domain controller. Please check to see if V4-VSI_Launcher.cmd has been created as is in there. If it is, check to make sure it is pointing to the correct location (your agent.exe).

Also, please be sure to use the domain user as well, as that is the one with the settings applied to it.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands