login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Target Machines Agent Does Not Start Upon Logon

• Luis N.
  • Luis N.'s Avatar Topic Author
16 Oct 2014 19:09 #2198

Hello,

I followed the Getting Started video to set up the Login VSI Test environment. I was able to successfully follow most steps in the video. The problem I'm having is at the point the launcher machine RDPs to the test target machines and logs on. Upon logon to the Target machine, I do not see the login vsi agent start up and produce any workload.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2014 20:42 #2200

Hi Luis,

You should actually see the banner appear at the bottom of the screen for the test user. Question: are you using the LoginVSI users from the AD setup in the management console, or are you using your own AD test users?

• Luis N.
16 Oct 2014 20:50 #2201

I do not see the banner at all once the test machine is logged into. I am using my own AD test users. I am using the same AD test account to log in to the launcher machine, the machine with the management console/VSIshare, and the target machine. I don't think that should be a problem though.

More
16 Oct 2014 20:59 #2202

Hi Luis,

It sounds like everything have been set up correctly except for the test users. The test users need a certain GPO to be able to boot off a test.

Please look at this link here: www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Installat...eating_test_accounts

Follow the instructions to be able to apply the GPOs to your users, and try another test after. It should run this time.

• Luis N.
21 Oct 2014 15:58 #2206

Hello,

I followed the instructions to creating test accounts manually, although I hit a road bump. I'm trying to contact my AD admins to assist but I had no luck.

I have permissions to create test accounts but not to create GPOs.
Is there a work around to creating GPO? Or can Local Policy be leveraged to have the Login VSI scripts be executed at logon for the target machines?

More
21 Oct 2014 16:24 #2207

Hi Luis,

If the GPOs cannot be imported, then you can create a policy where the AD test users must run the Logon.cmd script (located in: VSIshare->_VSI_Binaries->Target->Logon.cmd). Making the script run is an absolute must, as if it cannot be done, a test will not boot off. I hope you understand.

• Luis N.
22 Oct 2014 21:15 #2211

Hello J,

Thanks for your help. I was able to run the script on the target machine.
I created the script (V4-VSI-Logon.CMD) locally on the target machine, and created the local policy to have the script run at logon.

More
22 Oct 2014 21:30 #2212

Hi Luis,

Have you tried a single user test yet after the importing of the script? Was the test able to start up and run?

• Luis N.
22 Oct 2014 21:34 #2213

I have run a single user test, the test started and is running successfully. I have not gotten to the end of test yet but it is running. :)

More
22 Oct 2014 21:44 #2214

Hi Luis,

Awesome. Glad it's working. :)

After this test, if you see no issues and no stuck sessions, I would recommend bumping up the session number. Also, if your users/passwords have unique names, please use a CSV file.

Good luck testing!

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam