login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

normal Change %VSI_Userhome% or read docs from different share ?

• simonplant
  • simonplant's Avatar Topic Author
22 Oct 2014 09:51 - 22 Oct 2014 09:53 #2208 by simonplant
simonplant created the topic: Change %VSI_Userhome% or read docs from different share ?
I need to be able to move the user documents to a new network share (for permissions reasons) so they are copied (using VSI_random_File_Copy) to the same location, but a different location to the core VSI share.

Can I simply create a new share, copy the _VSI_Content directory and set a new VSI_Userhome ? If so, how ?

Thanks
Si

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2014 11:11 #2209 by t.willemsen
t.willemsen replied the topic: Change %VSI_Userhome% or read docs from different share ?
Hello Simon,

The %VSI_Userhome% or H drive is linked to the %tmp%\VSI\HomeDrive location this location can not be changed. If you do not wish to use the VSIShare as the source for all of the files and videos you can change this.

- Create a new server with a share that grants the LoginVSI users to read, write and modify the files.
- Copy the _VSI_Content and _VSI_websites to that share (from the original VSIShare)
- Open the Management console > Web Servers / Data servers
- Remove original share location and place the new share location

This will let you use a different VSIshare as content source. All of the logfiles will still be placed on the original VSIshare.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

• simonplant
  • simonplant's Avatar Topic Author
22 Oct 2014 12:39 #2210 by simonplant
simonplant replied the topic: Change %VSI_Userhome% or read docs from different share ?
I’ve already moved the _VSI_Websites to an actual web server and added that to the webservers definition so thats working fine.

I’ll try it with the docs. I’d missed the dataservers definition. Thanks.

Si

What our customers are saying

Chris Gebhardt - NetApp

“We use Login VSI to make sure that what we are recommending to our customers is much better than what their guesses are. Because if you don't do proper assessment and if you don’t use Login VSI, your architecture is just a guess.”

Chris Gebhardt, Senior Technical Marketing Engineer at NetApp

Tristan Todd - VMware

“Login VSI is my favorite test orchestration and simulation tool for large-scale reference architecture testing. Not only do we use it in our testing, but we work with partners who use Login VSI exclusively, with the idea that you create the most realistic simulated workload at scale, to really test infrastructure and software capabilities. What’s more, getting the results and be able to measure yourself across platforms and across vendor solutions is just fantastic and is unequalled in the industry.”

Tristan Todd, EUC Architect at VMware

Shaun Donaldson - Bitdefender

"As a software vendor, the reason that we became a Login VSI customer is that we wanted to see how we compared to our competitors. After talking to VMware and Citrix about how they test their products, it became clear to me that we needed to follow our strategic partners and be able to show how our product compares favorably to our competitors. We just completed a round of tests using Login VSI and you will see white papers showing performance data."

Shaun Donaldson, Alliances Director at Bitdefender

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200