login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

normal What should be the connector String when connecting to XenApp 7.6

• a_aaron
  • a_aaron's Avatar Topic Author
30 Oct 2014 07:56 #2221 by a_aaron
a_aaron created the topic: What should be the connector String when connecting to XenApp 7.6
Hi Team,

I am facing problem when I am trying to launch test, I think its something around connector.

Let me tell you my setup:
Windows 2012 R2 - Delivery controller + License Server + StoreFront [All in 1 ]
Windows 2008 R2 - Application server with VDA using to share Server Desktop as well as applications both.
LoginVSI 4.0.8.233 - pro

When manually I am accessing Citrix Web Receiver URL, I can explore XenDesktop & apps without any issues.
But How I can use it with LoginVSI, I used to run it on XenApp6.5 using ICAConnect, tried with same connector for XenApp 7.6, It dint work, gave me Protocol Driver Error.

Few Basic Questions:
1. To what should I connect, Delivery controller server [Win1k12] Or Actual XenApp server from catalog [win 2k8r2]. I am trying to connect Delivery controller/Storefront, It should take care of redirecting it to proper XenApp server or Server Desktop published.. Correct me if i am wrong.
2. When I tried using Citrix Web Interface [In Citrix 7.5 its StoreWeb], It launched Web Receiver but dint put user name, It waited and then closed.

Any other way I can get connected and run WorkLoads, Why it isnt working with 7.6 [?]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2014 10:39 #2222 by t.willemsen
t.willemsen replied the topic: What should be the connector String when connecting to XenApp 7.6
Hello Aaron,

When using either XenDesktop 7.x or XenApp 7.x in combination with a Storefront we recommend using our SFconnector. (storefront connector). For information about how to set this up please see the following link:
www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Connector...eFront_configuration

Please try this connector first, if you run into any problems or issues email us or post a new reply here.

Extra note: Make sure that you do not used the StoreWeb link but the actual Store.

Keep us posted,

Regards

Tom Willemsen - Support VSI

• a_aaron
  • a_aaron's Avatar Topic Author
31 Oct 2014 07:43 #2228 by a_aaron
a_aaron replied the topic: What should be the connector String when connecting to XenApp 7.6
Thanks Tom,

With SFconnect, I could able to connect & launch the workload as well. good to proceed.

Regards,
RJ

What our customers are saying

Manoj Doshi - Aetna

"Login VSI gives you a true picture of performance in your environment, whether you’ve built it right or need to make changes. When you don’t have room for mistakes, Login VSI provides you with the confidence and assurance that the environment is going to work."

Manoj Doshi, Director - Client Technology Innovation at Aetna

Nick Couper - Bet365

"LoginVSI is an essential tool for our company which enables us to load test our virtual desktop environment so that we can capacity plan with confidence. We would struggle to benchmark our systems without it."

Nick Couper, IT Services Delivery Manager at Bet365

Randy Groves - Teradici

"As the developer of the PCoIP protocol, we do a lot of our own internal benchmarking to make sure that we’re continuing to improve our protocol. But we can’t actually publish our internal benchmarks because everybody might think that the tests are biased. So when we want to publish results, we use Login VSI. That way, if a customer wants to repeat our results they can.”

Randy Groves, CTO at Teradici

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200