login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

Launcher Workflow not working

• BillK
  • BillK's Avatar Topic Author
18 Nov 2014 21:59 #2254 by BillK
Hello, if I manually login to my Launcher machine's with the Launcher username/password, the VSI login script executes fine and target sessions fire off as expected. But when I try to use the Launcher Workflow, the RDP session to the Launcher never starts. The Launcher user account is a member of the domain, and I manually added this user to the Remote Desktop Users group on the Launcher machines. I also added it to the Local Administrator's group on the Launcher. I have entered the username in the Launcher Workflow as just the username, and as domain\username. None of these work. I have completely disabled the firewall on the Launchers. I can manually launch an MSTSC session to the Launcher with the name as DOMAIN\USERNAME and successfully make and RDP connection. So at this point, I am out of ideas. What am I missing??

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2014 22:06 #2255 by j.hsieh
Hi Bill,

Is this a desktop OS?

• BillK
18 Nov 2014 22:12 #2256 by BillK
The console is running on Windows Server 2012R2. The Launcher and the Target are both Windows 7, 64bit. The names are resolvable via DNS.

More
18 Nov 2014 22:14 #2257 by j.hsieh
Hi Bill,

So the launcher workflow does not work properly with Windows desktop Os because remote RPC has not been enabled. Here is a step by step process to do so: computerstepbystep.com/remote_procedure_call_(rpc)_service.html

After enabling it, launcher workflow should be able to connect to the launchers.

• BillK
18 Nov 2014 22:22 #2258 by BillK
Sorry, but RPCSS IS running on the Launchers.

• BillK
18 Nov 2014 22:29 #2259 by BillK
The error says "The current users does not have permission to enumerate and/or......."

More
18 Nov 2014 22:34 - 18 Nov 2014 22:35 #2260 by j.hsieh
Hi Bill,

Do you get an error on the LoginVSI Management Console Start Test Wizard that says "The current user does not have permission to enumerate and/or logoff the user sessions on the launcher."? If so, your current user you are on right now that is running the LoginVSI Management Console does not have enough permissions. What you need to do is make sure that that user is a administrator on the remote machine.

Edit: Whoops. I was typing up the reply when you also sent over another post. This sounds like it is your issue.

More
18 Nov 2014 23:02 #2261 by d.geerlings
Bill,

Please make sure that:
- remote RPC is allowed for terminal services. See technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff710472(v=ws.10).aspx .
- as Jeff said, the user that is running the management console needs administrator rights in the launcher machine.

• BillK
19 Nov 2014 03:05 #2262 by BillK
BINGO!! That solved it. Please add this information to your documentation. This, and several other changes I needed to make this product work, really needs to be spelled out.

Thanks guys,
Bill

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460