login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-02.jpg

normal How many IOPS does each workload produce?

• BillK
  • BillK's Avatar Topic Author
01 Dec 2014 21:35 #2272 by BillK
BillK created the topic: How many IOPS does each workload produce?
Hi, I was wondering if you have an approximate number of IOPS that a single target produces for each of the standard workloads.

I've run the HEAVY workload, and it still doesn't seem to stress the system very much. So short of creating 1000's of VMs, I wanted to try and bump up the per/target load being created. If I had some idea what it's expected to generate, it would help me figure out if my targets are working properly.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• j.hsieh
01 Dec 2014 22:08 #2273 by j.hsieh
j.hsieh replied the topic: How many IOPS does each workload produce?
Hi Bill,

The workloads for Light, Medium, Heavy, Task Worker, Office Worker, Knowledge Worker, and Power Worker are 5.2, 7.4, 7, 6, 8.1, 8.5, and 10.8 IOPS respectively.

We have a documentation here that tells you the IOPS and CPU usage of each workload here: www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Changes_old_and_new_workloads

As you are a vendor, I would highly recommend upgrading to the newest version of LoginVSI, as it will include the other workloads that are not in 4.0. There is also a newly created workload called the Storage Workload that has high IOPS. Please talk to your account manager if you would like this workload.

I hope this information helps!

• BillK
  • BillK's Avatar Topic Author
01 Dec 2014 22:26 #2274 by BillK
BillK replied the topic: How many IOPS does each workload produce?
Great!!!

Thank you.

What our customers are saying

Randy Groves - Teradici

"As the developer of the PCoIP protocol, we do a lot of our own internal benchmarking to make sure that we’re continuing to improve our protocol. But we can’t actually publish our internal benchmarks because everybody might think that the tests are biased. So when we want to publish results, we use Login VSI. That way, if a customer wants to repeat our results they can.”

Randy Groves, CTO at Teradici

Shai Maskit - Kaminario

“We tested 750 seats so customers can compare Kaminario with solutions from other vendors. It really comes down to delivering the best user experience at the right price point. As soon as we show the solution and that it has been validated by Login VSI customers can rest assured that it will fit the rest of their environment.”

Shai Maskit, Director of Product & Solutions at Kaminario

Paul Bray - Computacenter

"We needed a robust method of evaluating multiple different platforms in a systematic and consistent manner. We chose Login VSI as it is the best of breed and met all of our requirements. Login VSI helps us to address one key aim - How can we exploit new technologies to deliver the best Virtual Desktop user experience possible?"

Paul Bray, Chief Technologist – Workplace & Mobile at Computacenter

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200