login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

normal Direct mode fails

• BillK
  • BillK's Avatar Topic Author
12 Dec 2014 19:21 #2283 by BillK
BillK created the topic: Direct mode fails
Hello, I am attempting to run the Storage Workload. From what I've read, it is supposed to be configured with the Direct Console Connector. But when it runs, the connection from the launcher crashes. The error is Unhandled Exception: Access is denied. I've attached a screen shot of the error.

So my questions are, how do I fix this? Or can I run Storage Workload in regular RDP mode instead?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• j.hsieh
12 Dec 2014 19:36 #2284 by j.hsieh
j.hsieh replied the topic: Direct mode fails
Hi Bill,

Usually when you hit that specific error, it indicates that the launcher user does not have enough access. What LoginVSI does for DDC is it messes with some registry entries to create the connection. Can you change your launcher user to a Domain Admin to be able to give it proper privileges to make the connection and try again?

• BillK
12 Dec 2014 19:41 #2285 by BillK
BillK replied the topic: Direct mode fails
Ok, I'll try it. I already had added Dom Admins and the LoginVSI-v4 user to the local admins on the launcher per the video, but that didn't work.

• BillK
12 Dec 2014 20:54 #2286 by BillK
BillK replied the topic: Direct mode fails
That worked. Now I just need to change how the login script runs, since the Administrator isn't in the LoginVSI OU.

Thanks!

What our customers are saying

Johnny Blizzard - Health Insurance Organization

"We now have indisputable empirical proof supporting our claims. With Login VSI, we can run our own applications against various hardware platforms before we move to production! Application owners can see how their code impacts their users on our systems and we can present our findings to management for funding increases. We can also advocate for the users when supporting their claims of poor performance, all because of Login VSI."

Johnny Blizzard, Sr. IT Systems Engineer at a Health Insurance Organization

Sajad Shah - Cancer Research

"Login VSI has empowered us to make more informed decisions on releasing a new vDisk which we now do on a monthly basis. We have found that Login VSI tests can also flag other issues in our environment that may not be picked up by our standard User Testing which allows us to either make the appropriate changes to the vDisk or workload script adjustments to run successful tests. This has given us peace of mind and allows us to release VDI’s with confidence."

Sajad Shah, Senior Technical Analyst at Cancer Research UK

Jamie Vernon - STARTEK

"Login PI enables us to minimize system downtime and deliver strategic business value like never before."

Jamie Vernon, VP of IT and infrastructure at STARTEK 

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200