login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

normal 2 sessions / 2 launchers

• simonplant
  • simonplant's Avatar Topic Author
15 Jan 2015 14:10 #2301 by simonplant
simonplant created the topic: 2 sessions / 2 launchers
Hi,
Is there a particular reason I can't have 2 sessions launched over 2 launchers - ie 1 session each ?

In the test setup page, everytime I change sessions to 2, sessions per launcher changes to 2, even though I have both launchers enabled. When I change sessions per launcher back to 1, the sessions changes to 1.... most frustrating..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2015 16:26 #2303 by d.geerlings
d.geerlings replied the topic: 2 sessions / 2 launchers
Hello Simon,

Do you have both launcher enabled? The scenario tab has 2 primary numbers. Sessions and launch window. All of the other tabs are calculated based on those numbers.
  • Overall logon rate = Launch window divided by the amount of sessions
  • Total sessions per launcher = amount of sessions divided by the amount of enabled launchers
  • Launcher logon rate = launch window divided by the amount of sessions per launcher

Changing the amount of sessions per launcher will force a change in the amount of sessions as well. As launcher will divide the amount of sessions amongst themselves equally. Generally speaking, this becomes a bit more complicated in a scenario where launchers have different maximum capacities.

• simonplant
  • simonplant's Avatar Topic Author
16 Jan 2015 11:22 #2307 by simonplant
simonplant replied the topic: 2 sessions / 2 launchers
Hi Dennis,
Thanks for your response. As much as I hate to admit it, this issues was indeed PEBKAC :-( The 2nd launcher (despite me checking) was indeed disabled :( All resolved and the two sessions are executing simultaniously on two launchers...

Thanks.
Si

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693