login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

VIS4.x and Xenapp65 testing

• darkgen
  • darkgen's Avatar Topic Author
28 Jan 2015 10:35 #2318

We have an environment setup which works fine for XenDesktop but wanted to extend the tool for testing our XA65 environment, but I'm struggling to understand how the target setup works for this. Trawling the documentation it's not immediately clear how the interaction occurs between the launchers and published desktop. The connection string works as intended and the launchers will interact with the web interfaces and then launch the sessions. I just need a little guidance for this final step. To potentially complicate matters a little we use appsense to manage/control/restrict our published desktop environments.

Is there a FAQ or guide for Xenapp?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2015 12:29 #2319

darkgen,

The Target setup is independent from the connection method. We simply initiate x-amount of users from x-amount of launchers to the x-amount of SUT environment (with of course the pre-configured test requirements, e.g. which connection method/protocol, users, timeframes etc.). Although, assuming you have your test users set up properly (session logs on-run a logon script-kicks off the workload).

From a Login VSI (target setup) view - there is no difference between testing XA vs. XD. We simply kick off the same workload.

The Target setup is something that you run on the SUT. However, if you run UEM like AppSense, RES etc. there are different ways to start the workload. The best bet would be to start the engine from 'Chained'. You can configure this in the MGMT Console > Workload > Settings, at the bottom "Engine Startup"

For setting up the right and/or correct connection, check out: www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Connectors_reference

Depending on your solutions and architec there are 3 ways of starting your XA desktop.
1= 4.3 Citrix Web Interface configuration
If you want to mimic the entire user flow, including WI, Brokers, Load balancers, you can setup a connection as described in 4.3.

2= 4.5 Citrix XenApp configuration
If you want to directly connect to either a XA published desktop (on a specific server) without Load balancers or connect to the XA Load Evaluator with Load balancers, you can setup a connection as described in 4.5.

3= 4.1 Citrix StoreFront configuration
If you want to test the SF, including Load balancers, you can setup a connection described in 4.1.

Is this is what you were looking for?

• darkgen
  • darkgen's Avatar Topic Author
28 Jan 2015 13:22 #2320

Omar wrote:

From a Login VSI (target setup) view - there is no difference between testing XA vs. XD. We simply kick off the same workload.

The Target setup is something that you run on the SUT. However, if you run UEM like AppSense, RES etc. there are different ways to start the workload. The best bet would be to start the engine from 'Chained'. You can configure this in the MGMT Console > Workload > Settings, at the bottom "Engine Startup"

OK, this is what was throwing me slightly (my expertise with Xenapp isn't as strong as XenDesktop).

So in effect I need to run the target setup on the Xenapp server/s and then call the logonscript from within the published desktop (which access/visibility to the applications in order to support the loginvsi test scrips etc).

It seems obvious :)

Thanks.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85