login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-01.jpg

Test Shuts down prematurely

• jnichols323
  • jnichols323's Avatar Topic Author
12 Feb 2015 03:22 #2348 by jnichols323
I am using 4.1.2 and have been running tests for a while now, but all of a sudden my tests started failing before time was up. When it reads 30 mins remaining until logoff command issued, the page just stops and reads test is finished click to reload. All I did was change my workload type from Officeworker to Medium. Is there something that can just make it stop? Almost like a license limit is hit. And each time, i login to the XenDesktop delivery controller there are 30 active sessions. Somehow, it logs in 30 sessions then quits.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2015 03:36 #2349 by d.geerlings
Jeff,

Can you reproduce this issue? In general this can happen when a previous test was aborted but the launchers were not restarted. You can diagnose this by looking at the \\server\vsishare\_VSI_Logfiles\YOURTESTNAME folder. Is there a Logoff.txt file in there? If not then the helper executable running from a previous session has likely ended the wrong test.

• jnichols323
12 Feb 2015 03:40 #2350 by jnichols323
I can reproduce and just have since I created this post. Like clockwork at 29-30 sessions it died. Yes, the logoff.txt is in the location you mentioned. The only thing I changed was moving it from a officeworker to a medium workload then to a task worker.

• jnichols323
12 Feb 2015 04:58 #2351 by jnichols323
Is there a way to enable better logging to see what is happening? Ive just run two more attempts and they both failed when they hit 24 active sessions. The 'estimated time remaining' was around 29 mins, then all of a sudden, it goes to 00:00:00 and I get the "test is finished click reload" thing at the bottom of the page. What could cause a test to just keep disappearing? I even watched the file share to see the ACTIVETEST file disappear too.

More
12 Feb 2015 06:14 #2352 by d.geerlings
Jeff,

Do you restart launchers between restarting tests? Lingering instances of helper.exe on the launchers will cause this.

You should also have a look at the launcher logs as found in %temp%\vsi on the launchers. Send us an email with the raw data for one of these tests as found in \\server\vsishare\_VSI_Logfiles\yourtestname. Also send us the launcher logs from the first and last launcher in your launcher list. You can send the logs to support@loginvsi.com with a reference to this forum topic.

• jnichols323
12 Feb 2015 17:09 #2356 by jnichols323
Dennis,

Yes I do reboot every time, but I think your message led me to the issue. I was using 10 launchers for my test and for this test I moved to 8 launchers. I disabled the 2 launchers I didn't want to use in the Console, but didn't reboot them after the last test they were used in. Either way, this morning I shutdown all launchers that were not in use, rebooted the ones that were and ran a successful test. Still had 47 stuck sessions out of the 200 user test so that's still an issue, but the test shutting down early appears to be resolved.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 408 899 7418