login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Internet Explorer error

• Adams
  • Adams's Avatar Topic Author
18 Feb 2015 21:23 #2360

Hello,

I am getting an error when on some VM's when running the workload. I've attached the screenshot so hopefully you will be able to help me. This is happening even when I run only 5 systems. Sometimes one VM will show this message.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2015 21:52 #2361

Hi Adam,

This can be caused by many things, one of them could be that HTML5 is not supported by your IE version. What version of IE are you running on your target machines?

Also, if you go to the LoginVSI Management Console -> Settings and scroll down. You will see two options here `IE version` and `IE video option`. Can you manually input the version and change the video option to `Flash`? Try running a test after this.

• Adams
19 Feb 2015 10:33 #2362

Hello,

I am running IE 11. I did set the IE version within the console and tried both video options, but neither made any difference.

Is there are way for me to test this within my windows VM without going through the test scenarios? I could copy something from the VSI login share if I knew what to copy and try and open.

Thanks.

More
19 Feb 2015 13:32 #2363

Adams,

In a user session browse to the current VSIshare\_VSI_Websites\Player\480p\HTML
and try to open the type of HTML file required, e.g. FLASH, HTML(5) or Auto.

This will make it easier to reproduce and pinpoint issues.

We seen several working solutions for IE11 when it crashes during a load run test.
Let me know if you need a plan of approach.

• Adams
19 Feb 2015 15:45 #2368

Hello,

I would welcome any suggestions on how to make IE 11 work consistently. So please let me know about a "plan". I did launch the player from a desktop VM that connected to without the test. It will play the HTLML(5), but not the flash. I have set the test console to use HTML5.

Thanks.

More
21 Feb 2015 00:53 #2376

Tony,

Can you try and replace \\server\VSIshare\_VSI_websites\player\480p\html\VideoJS with the contents of upload.loginvsi.com/Support/Dec14/VideoJS.zip
Also replace any other instances that you have (240p, 320p, etc). If that does not resolve your issue, then look into downgrading to Internet Explorer 10. See connect.microsoft.com/IE/feedback/detail...6/ie11-crash-on-exit

• Adams
21 Feb 2015 17:31 #2379

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know the outcome. I replaced the VideoJS contents and that did not make any difference. Next I downgraded to IE 9 and now the testing completes.

Thank you for your help.

Tony

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

300 Tradecenter
Suite 3460