login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-03.jpg

normal IE error - VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.

• duvanni
  • duvanni's Avatar Topic Author
05 Mar 2015 16:32 #2395 by duvanni
duvanni created the topic: IE error - VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.
I am seeing this error on Internet Explorer 11 on a few VDI sessions: VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.
Any idea what could be causing this?
Thanks

IE version: 11.0.9600.17633
Login VSI 4.1.2.1205
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• j.hsieh
09 Mar 2015 01:13 #2396 by j.hsieh
j.hsieh replied the topic: IE error - VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.
Hi Duvanni,

Sorry about the slow response. Have you looked at your data in the analyzer? Have you reached VSIMax in that particular test?

• duvanni
  • duvanni's Avatar Topic Author
09 Mar 2015 16:00 #2397 by duvanni
duvanni replied the topic: IE error - VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.
VSImax wasn't reached during that particular test and server CPU and storage don't appear to be completely stressed. I don't see any red flags in the data analyzer.

• j.hsieh
09 Mar 2015 22:08 #2398 by j.hsieh
j.hsieh replied the topic: IE error - VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.
Contacting through email.

• bear_hugm
12 Mar 2015 12:22 #2401 by bear_hugm
bear_hugm replied the topic: IE error - VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.
Greetings,
I received the same error message on my tests this morning. Is there a fix for this?

• j.hsieh
12 Mar 2015 16:08 #2402 by j.hsieh
Hi Bear,

This can indicate that your environment has become saturated with too many users. Have you hit VSIMax on this test?

• bear_hugm
12 Mar 2015 16:13 #2403 by bear_hugm
bear_hugm replied the topic: IE error - VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.
Thank you. How can I find this out if I hit the max?

• j.hsieh
12 Mar 2015 16:28 #2404 by j.hsieh
Hi Bear,

Please take a look at the documentation here ( www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Managemen...Green_Ribbon_Buttons ). It will explain how to find the Analyzer tab.

This one will explain what you are looking at: www.loginvsi.com/documentation/Login_VSI...lyzing_Results_4.0.x

• bear_hugm
12 Mar 2015 17:52 #2405 by bear_hugm
thank you for the infromation.
Would reaching the VSI Max mean we need to add more resources to the testing environment? (CPU, MEM etc..)

More
24 Mar 2015 11:04 #2406 by o.bouhaj
o.bouhaj replied the topic: IE error - VSI Timer: timeout reached starting the notepad document.
Bear, that depends.
When testing did you see one of those resources being 'pegged' or fully utilized?
For example, on the hypervisor level/resources - one can find interesting info about resources and constrains during a test run.

We have some articles on how to analyze the captured results from a LoginVSI test run.
Let me know if you need any further help or have questions open.

What our customers are saying

Paul Bray - Computacenter

"We needed a robust method of evaluating multiple different platforms in a systematic and consistent manner. We chose Login VSI as it is the best of breed and met all of our requirements. Login VSI helps us to address one key aim - How can we exploit new technologies to deliver the best Virtual Desktop user experience possible?"

Paul Bray, Chief Technologist – Workplace & Mobile at Computacenter

Maarten Bruijnesteijn - PPG

"We are using Login VSI for hardware scaling. By testing the number of users that can run on our environment, we know the amount of hardware that we will need upfront. We also use Login VSI in our production acceptance process to test changes to the system to evaluate changes to the environment."

Maarten Bruijnesteijn, System Software Analyst at PPG Industries

Bill Kleyman - MTM Technologies

"From the engineering perspective and from the architecture perspective, we absolutely love the technology behind Login VSI. We actually use Login VSI as a pro-active tool to help our customers understand the dynamic nature of a datacenter and the business."

Bill Kleyman, VP of Strategy and Innovation at MTM Technologies

Login VSI, Inc.

300 Tradecenter

Suite 3460
Woburn, MA 01801

Phone: +1 844 828 3693

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Phone: +31 20 705 1200