login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40

Large number of stuck sessions

• 's Avatar Topic Author
10 Jul 2015 01:15 #2568

Login VSI Version: 4.1.3
Test system: Citrix XenDesktop (Pooled Random desktops).
Operating system version target: Windows 7 SP1
Operating system version launcher(s): Windows 8.1 Update 1 (SFConnect.exe)
Office version target: Office 2013

I seem to be running into a large number of stuck sessions for some of my test runs. Interestingly, when I retried the test for the same # of sessions, the test completes successfully (no stuck sessions). Please refer to the attached logs.

Looking at the failed runs,

• Using Login VSI Analyzer. I see a Stuck sessions tab listing the stuck sessions, but no reason mentioned there.
  • Browsing the VSI Share. The Debug directory is empty (I suppose this gets populated only when I turn on Engine/Workload debugging?) Also, the Monitor directory indicates all sessions for the run were able to log off successfully.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2015 17:34 #2569

Hi ps.shyam,

So there is a high number of stuck sessions and there is nothing in the debug. As you mentioned, you will need to enable the Engine and Workload debugging and run the test again to be able to get more information, as there is not enough for us to go off of currently.

• 's Avatar Topic Author
27 Aug 2015 19:13 #2605

Although the issue seems to be reproducible in my environment, it is limited to first time user login only. Hence this hasn't been a blocking issue. Note that we do not run the createprofile pass, as we run Login VSI tests using automation. When we encounter a scenario such as the above, we just repeat the same # of users. On repitition, the issue does not manifest.

I do not have the the Engine and Workload debug logs at the moment. Will update this thread when I get some free cycles to run the debug iterations. Thank you.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands