login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40

VSI tests waits until all defined sessions are launched prior to starting..

• darkgen
  • darkgen's Avatar Topic Author
22 Jul 2015 10:40 #2580

Exactly as the topic suggests; My colleague has been using our VSI implementation while I was annual leave and I'll assume there is a configuration or setting which has been altered as now when a test executes it will wait until all sessions are launched before starting the workload. This has removed our ability to identify peak usage metrics. Any pointers much appreciated thanks, Paul.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2015 11:10 #2581

Hello Sir,

To be honest i have never heard this behaviour before and to my knowledge this should not be possible. However to help me solve your issue is it possible you can share with us the logfile of a test that showed this behavior? You can find the logfile in the "\\server\VSIshare\_VSI_Logfiles" folder under the test name. Just zip it and send it to us via email (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). Or upload it to our FTP site:

ftp: upload.loginvsi.com
Username: vsicustomer
Password: JGDGS$ASDFadfjh

Can you also tell us which version of Login VSI you are using?

Tom Willemsen

• darkgen
  • darkgen's Avatar Topic Author
28 Jul 2015 08:01 #2582

Hi, I have uploaded a zipfile entitled "Jul23-PJW....." for review.
FYI - I have run another few tests since and it does actually appear the tests do run but only after 20minutes.

LoginVSI version is - Pro

Many thanks.

28 Jul 2015 09:35 #2583

Good morning Darkgen,

I've looked at your log files and

First I examined the engine log files to see when the engine is running the workload.
According to these logs these are the workload start times.

1st session - 2015-07-23 10:32:55,Starting workload: <removed>
2nd session - 2015-07-23 10:34:45,Starting workload: <removed>
3rd session - 2015-07-23 10:36:48,Starting workload: <removed>
So we conclude the sessions are not waiting for anything before starting the workload.

When looking at the Error Shots in the log files.
When opening the Error Shots folder I see that the workload is getting stuck when opening Word.
It's showing a prompt "Please enter your full name and initials below."
This is something we prevent with a registry key import, this is done by the logon script.

Can you check
  1. In the management console check if Import Microsoft Office registry is enabled, you can find this setting under Workload > Settings.
  2. If the Login VSI policy's are applied to the target machines and user accounts.
  3. This is important because it disables UAC otherwise it's not possible to import registry keys.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands