login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-05.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

Is there any setup the each user connect/login to different virtual desktop

• hafizdir
  • hafizdir's Avatar Topic Author
13 Apr 2016 22:12 #2767

I have a query regarding the testing, once I test my target environment every time i got fail users. Because the my testing is open only one virtually desktop.
For example I am test my target environment for 20 session. My target environment is XenDestop.
For the first time one user login it ok, once second user come and try to login there is only one Virtual Desktop then connect to the same desktop as the first user connect. Is there any setup the each user connect/login to different virtual desktops instead of login to one virtual desktop.?
if there is some supporting document or video tutorial available then please direct me. Waiting for your good response.

Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2016 23:12 #2768

Hi hafizdir,

I just need to clarify; when you say you have only one virtual desktop, do you mean you only have one machine available for testing in your Xendesktop Pool?

• hafizdir
13 Apr 2016 23:23 #2769

I have one machine window 2012. which is available in xendestop Poole for target environment.

once I start my test then the above virtual machine is used for VD.

my question is: I configured my test for 20 sessions, during my test only one virtual desktop is used for all the 20 session.

Is there any possibility that for each user/session we have different virtual desktops during our 48 mints test?

Thanks for your prompt response

More
14 Apr 2016 15:27 #2770

Hi Hafizdir,

I believe the issue is that there is only one machine in the desktop pool. As these are published desktops, there can only be one AD user per machine in the pool. Each time the test tries to start off another test user, as the single machine is already in use by the first AD user, the second one still automatically fail. You will need more machines in the Xendesktop pool, one for each user you will want to run for your test.

• hafizdir
14 Apr 2016 21:14 #2771

Hi J.Hsieh,

:(

Thanks for your reply,

Actually, I have limited resources. due to that I have one machine in the pool. :(

and I published two desktops.
when first time I run the test then for 20 users these 20 destop are published.

it is mandatory for the test that we have equal umber of publish virtual desktop to the number of session we set.

for example in my test configuration: the number of session is 10.
for this 10 sessions I need 10 published virtual desktop? or 10 machine in the pool?

If possible, please also clear this point.

Attachments:

More
14 Apr 2016 22:46 #2772

Hi Hafizdir,

You will need 10 machines in a pool to run 10 sessions. It looks like you actually have enough desktops, it's just that they are separated into individual desktop pools. While it is possible to run a test as is, it will require a CSV file, and time to create the file properly. I would recommend removing the pools and then adding all your machines into a single one. Using that single desktop pool with multiple machines within it will allow you to use your current command line.

Let me know if you need help with this process, and I can send you an email to get you up and running.

• hafizdir
15 Apr 2016 04:35 #2773

:)

Thanks Mr. J. Hsieh,

I got the idea next time I will fallowed your instruction.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam
The Netherlands