login vsi company logo login vsi company logo 250x40
header-04.jpg

Forum Announcement

The Login VSI forum has been disabled and now only serves as an archive. If you would like to submit a new support ticket, please send an email to support@loginvsi.com.

How to launch 100 sessions at a time

• prasadsuri4u
  • prasadsuri4u's Avatar Topic Author
11 May 2016 08:32 #2807

Hi,

As per my test requirement,I need below information:
- I would like to observe the performance numbers when 100 users login to their VDI desktops at a time. How/what settings I need to change to achieve this. Also,after logon,VSI should continue with its workload for several iterations.

- I had 10 users configured as of now and I could launch all 10 session but the management console shows that there are only 9 active session. Why was I not able to login the 10th user.

- After completing the test,it is not logging off the sessions.

- Regarding workload,how to specify the number of iterations of workload that it should execute.

- How to make sure that the test exits only after completing all the workloads on all the VDI desktops that were triggered as part of the test.

Please help me understand about these issues.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2016 22:35 #2812

Hey there,

"- I would like to observe the performance numbers when 100 users login to their VDI desktops at a time. How/what settings I need to change to achieve this. Also,after logon,VSI should continue with its workload for several iterations."
---A couple things you'll want to set up: 1) in the Management Console -> Workload -> Settings have the Maximum Loops integer to something realistic for your testing, 2) in this same page have "Logoff session at" configured to "loop", which is actually the whole workload, 3) (and probably most important one) In Start Test -> Start Test Wizard -> Test configuration, configure the "Initiate logoff sequence" integer (in seconds) to something high - keeping in mind that in default workload loops take about 48 minutes

"- I had 10 users configured as of now and I could launch all 10 session but the management console shows that there are only 9 active session. Why was I not able to login the 10th user."
---Please compress and send us log files for this to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , citing this forum post, and we can check them out. Your log files are in the directory: \\<vsi_share>\_vsi_logfiles\<name_of_your_test>

"- After completing the test,it is not logging off the sessions."
---Again, here, your log files might aid in helping us determine the causative :-)

"- Regarding workload,how to specify the number of iterations of workload that it should execute."
---This was touched in on with the first response in this post ( #1 )

"- How to make sure that the test exits only after completing all the workloads on all the VDI desktops that were triggered as part of the test."
---This was also touched in on with the first response in this post ( #2 ). You'll want this setting to be configured to "loop"

Please let us know if you have more questions!
-Josh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Start Delivering the Best End User Experience Today

Request a Demo

Login VSI, Inc.

3945 Freedom Circle
Suite 670
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: +1 408 899 7418

Login VSI B.V.

De Entree 85
1101 BH Amsterdam